Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Q3 since July and have covered 2600 miles. I always put my car in garage after any journey long or short and during last six weeks have experienced the cooling fan operating at high speed after the engine is switched off, this happens most of the time regardless of long or short journeys and produces a horrible burning smell during the process. I have contacted the main dealers about this and they say it is perfectly normal. I can appreciate it happening after one or two short journeys but not after long trips in excess of fifty miles.Has anybody else experienced similar circumstances with the Q3. My previous car ( A6 ) did not do it

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Doesn't sound right to me,I'vedone a few 70 mile journey's, several 10 mile short journey's and put the car straight in the garage afterwards. Never had the fan come on or noticed any strange smells. I've only covered 900 miles though, how long have you been noticing this?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have only had this happening during the last 500 miles/6 weeks so I am recording every journey length and the frequency of this particular occurence and take it from there

1 - 3 of 3 Posts