Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am LOVING my Q3....only really driven to work and back at moment so looking forward to taking it for a proper spin at the weekend!!

I promised lots of random questions and here is my next one......

With the parking brake are my assumptions correct....

1) It will automatically disengage when pulling away

2) It does not automatically engage when you stop and you have to apply the brake manually

I am still getting confused by it.....I keep thinking it will automatically come on when I stop the car!!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I think I can help you with this one...
1) Yep, it'll come off automatically.2) Unless you have Hillhold Assist then you'll need to manually put it on
You'll get used to it after a few weeks, i prefer it to the old lever you had to yank on in my BM.
I did notice that it stayed on the other day when i applied it, could be because after i applied it my other half got out and closed the passenger door. It then didn't go off automatically

I do leave it in gear however so i don't trust it 100% yet

·
Registered
518 Posts
The parking brake will not come off automatically if the drivers seat belt is undone. Same might apply re the passengers seat belt if there is someone in the front seat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great thanks very much - I am sure after a weekend of driving it propely I will understand all the new gadgets!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Ahhh thanks rontheman, that would explain it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had similar issue...thought that the brake was malfunctioning as sometimes it would release automatically and other times it seemed to be 'stuck on' and needed manual release. 5 mins looking at the owners manual highlighted that it would not release automatically if driver was not belted up and I realised it was always when I was putting car into garage at night and not wearing my seat belt.
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts