1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
111 Posts
Must admit I am a bit worried about the new style hand brake - is it easy to get used to?

·
Registered
264 Posts
its very easy to get used to I have the diesel s/tronic and provided your seatbelt is fastened when you putit into drive and press the accelerator it automatically releases the handbrake .dont know if its the same on manual gearboxes !!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
daytona said:
its very easy to get used to I have the diesel s/tronic and provided your seatbelt is fastened when you putit into drive and press the accelerator it automatically releases the handbrake .dont know if its the same on manual gearboxes !!!!
It is. However, I like to release it manually, since it seems to take a small time for it to do the actual release. If I just start driving, however carefully, I get the feeling that I'm torturing the engine/brakes for a fraction of a second... And that I don't want to do, of course... :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Surely this can't be right. You have to have the seat belt fastened before the handbrake will release???
What if you need to reverse on setting off or you are medically exempt from the requirement to wear one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Pg220 said:
Surely this can't be right. You have to have the seat belt fastened before the handbrake will release???
You have to have the seatbelt connected in order for the handbrake to release automatically. You can release it manually without the seatbelt fastened.

The setting can also be changed via VAG to release automatically without the seatbelt, if there is a need for this.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I don't get my Q3 until Friday, but if my memory serves me correct, you can release the brakes without the seat belt on. Keep your foot on the brake pedal, release the brake with the electronic switch and it should release the handbrake- Let me know if it works.

·
Registered
264 Posts
SETIG said:
I don't get my Q3 until Friday, but if my memory serves me correct, you can release the brakes without the seat belt on. Keep your foot on the brake pedal, release the brake with the electronic switch and it should release the handbrake- Let me know if it works.
yes you can release the parking brake manualy .as you say my original comment was to explain that it will automatically release itself if you drive off , providing you have your seatbelt fastened ..my reply was into to comments about the post at the top of the page by jay N .

Edited by: daytona

·
Registered
113 Posts
I keep forgetting that i can just drive off and release it manually, i guess it will sink in soon but then when i get in the wifes fiesta i'll end up driving off with the hand brake on

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm glad I watched that video. It might be enough to make me remember.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The handbrake can't be released without pushing the brake (if you don't have your seatbelts on). It's very annoying that your passenger must have the seatbelt on too to drive off (if you are used to put on your own seatbelt before taking off...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts