Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I managed to retrofit the full parking aid plus system (front and rear) via obdeleven
the car originally had no sensors installed. 8u quattro 2.0tdi s tronic, no towbar

The system is working as it should, both audio and visual enabled and functioning.

My only problem is that i do not have the parking aid line under vehicle settings
and therefore am unable to adjust the volume and frequency of the beeps.

When on the parking screen after pressing the P button, if i click bottom right for settings
it just shows an empty screen.
i did the module 5f byte bit 1 adaptation. this enabled the visual to work but still no menu item

Im pretty sure this is a code im missing.

any help would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
2,559 Posts
We need Spike I guess....

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Words of wisdom from Spike - we need Kostas-k
Most European cars seem to have rear parking sensors as standard so the screen is already active
Kostas activated the visual display for the rear sensors and provided some info on coding, the final stage being the MMIO reset using the 3 button sequence.
Some of this info may carry over to your 'menu' issue

Cheers Spike

Reactions: RSQ3John

·
Registered
417 Posts
What are you using to do the coding?

·
Super Moderator
2,559 Posts
The initial post says he is using OBDEleven manfrotto.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Words of wisdom from Spike - we need Kostas-k
Most European cars seem to have rear parking sensors as standard so the screen is already active
Kostas activated the visual display for the rear sensors and provided some info on coding, the final stage being the MMIO reset using the 3 button sequence.
Some of this info may carry over to your 'menu' issue

Cheers Spike
Hi Spike

Yeah 100% the Euro models have the base coding already done. however in my case there was no parking aid from the factory.
So via obdeleven i am able to adjust the volumes and frequencies which confirms to me that the system is fully functional.
Also Kufatec sell a 100 Euro dongle that supposedly adds the parking aid menu item. Which tells me its just a piece of code that
needs to be added possibly under module 5f.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i have found a reference to a TPMS enable mod onto a RMC done by a guy called Kostas on the forum.
he says that RMC can only be amended with something called VCP.
is this somehow superior to Obdeleven?
im liaising with the Obdeleven team as well as they now have a 1 click app for visual pdc

·
Registered
417 Posts
Just checking that you are looking in the correct MMI menu. Mine is under "tones" (I don't have a "P" button that you reference)

tones menu.jpg
parking aid volume menu.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,559 Posts
Also Kufatec sell a 100 Euro dongle that supposedly adds the parking aid menu item. Which tells me its just a piece of code that
needs to be added possibly under module 5f.
I suspect the Kufatec are able to add firmware code too, there are numerous feature/function options in their price list that seem to be more than just simple coding. As an example some of us have F3 Q3s without the factory option of HBA - High Beam Assist which is part of expensive option pack the only hardware pre-requisite is a camera in the top of the windscreen. There is no published coding for it and yet Kufatech offer a dongle option. The Dongle seems to write a unique identifier to itself when used so can't be used elsewhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts