Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced the part of the parcel shelf connected to the boot falling down?It's happened to us too many times and I am REALLY FED UP with the stupid thing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, sounds like a build problem.
Mine is pretty firmly in place, to the point where I am more concerned about breaking the plastic arms when I remove it (only had to do it a few times).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On ours the plastic arms merely seem to guide the shelf into place rather than gripping the shelf - it sounds like yours actually connect to the boot lid??

·
Registered
188 Posts
Never had a problem yet. I remove it everytime I load our folding bikes inside.

·
Registered
613 Posts
It's happened to me a couple of times - but I just thought I had re-fitted it wrongly (i.e. not pressed the side-clips in properly) - seems to be OK otherwise.

·
Registered
485 Posts
The only problem I have had is when I have taken the parcel shelf out.

I load up the boot, close the tailgate and realise that the cover referred to stops the boot closing as I have loaded up too high.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I've never tried popping off the second parcel shelf, it does intrude too much and causes some bad language when i've got the car packed. The Q3 does have a nice sloping rear so i can forgive it for now!

·
Registered
59 Posts
My first Q3 had this problem. After being smacked on the back of the head a few times, I remembered to check that it was secure. One of the studs in the window trim would always come loose and I ended glueing it in. When the car went in for a few warranty repairs, Audi replaced the parcel shelf along with the window trim and stud that I had glued it under warranty. After that, I was never smacked on the back of the head again.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had problems with both shelves, the bottom broke one of the slider brackets off, the popper on the top one kept coming out at one side, both replaced under warranty

·
Registered
613 Posts
My shelf has dropped out a few times recently, and on inspection, Audi advise me that the Rubber plugs on the shelf (which slot onto the lugs on the boot lid) look worn and aren't gripping the lugs properly - they've got some new plugs in and will be fitting them later today to see if that sorts the problem.

The shelf should click into place over the lug, but currently just seems to rest there... My parcel shelf has got a fair few scuffs on it's edges where it's dropped out and fallen onto the tarmac!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, wife getting fed up with it dropping on her head. Have told Dundee Audi and they have are not aware of this. Have booked in for 1st service and told them to fix it.Only other problem, parking sensors sometime do not come on automatically, probably new software required.Otherwise perfect.

·
Super Moderator
1,743 Posts
albatros325 said:
Yes, wife getting fed up with it dropping on her head. Have told Dundee Audi and they have are not aware of this. Have booked in for 1st service and told them to fix it.
That's an 'old' Problem.
You should this get mounted (Photo)

·
Registered
9 Posts
albatros325 said:
Yes, wife getting fed up with it dropping on her head. Have told Dundee Audi and they have are not aware of this. Have booked in for 1st service and told them to fix it.Only other problem, parking sensors sometime do not come on automatically, probably new software required.Otherwise perfect.After 8 weeks waiting and more phone calls ( person dealing with it left and did not order brackets, so I am told) finally got brackets replaced, now have a rattle from tailgate area. if not sorted will maybe look at Mercedes GLA.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts