Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hearing excessive wind noise from the area top corner driver side windscreen. It can be heard most clearly at high speed on windy days. I have an S-line quattro. I have noticed that behind the chrome trim that goes from the windscreen over the top of the doors towards the rear of the car, there is a thin black seal. On the passenger side the black seal goes all way over car behind the chrome trim however on the driver side the seal stops at the top corner of the windscreen. I have had the car back to Audi and they say this the norm on Q3's, can anyone confirm this is the same on there Q3

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Alan. I've covered around 1200 miles in just under three weeks with most of those on the motorway around the spped limit
and not heard any excessive noise or difference in noise between driver and passenger side.I've just had a look on mine (SE model so no sure if there is a difference) and I initially could not see a black seal behind the chrome strip. However with the front door open if I place my finger up (inside) the front end of the chrome strip I can feel a bit of rubber there and if I look really closely at the gap between the body and the chrome strip I think I can see the rubber strip inside (just). As you can tell the rubber strip is not really visable. From what I can see its the same on both sides but it's only the passenger side that I can just feel the end.RegardsMark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts