Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came out to the car this morning and the outside drivers side door handle has stopped working, all others are working so I have to open from the inside

I'm not happy I'll phone the dealer later.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I'm sure your dealer will be able to handle it...... sorry i couldn't resist, hope you get it sorted

·
Registered
613 Posts
Sure it will be just an open-and-shut case for the dealer...

·
Registered
264 Posts
could just be a loose screw
there seems to be a few on this forum with a loose screw

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys
This forum is full of wasted talent, so many comedians
Anyway, phoned the dealer and the first available date is the 28th, so after a bit of complaining they said bring it in tomorrow and they will have a look while I wait.Guess what after washing the car this afternoon the handle has come back to life and all seems to be well, so I will decided in the morning if I should take it in, stay tuned

·
Registered
264 Posts
well I have sat here since 7 am waiting to find out did you take it in
or did you not , the suspense is killing me

·
Registered
613 Posts
Maybe he got to the garage, but then couldn't get out?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Jules said:
Maybe he got to the garage, but then couldn't get out?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Afternoon everybody.Well the news is, there is no news, the door handle behaved impeccably today Icannot fault it
So no trip the dealers for the time being, but if happens again I will be knocking on their door to let them handle it

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Del,
I have had a similar problem on a couple of occasions, only difference being that I can't open door from the inside. The two times it has happened there was a heavy frost and like you later in the day it was ok. Don't know if the low temperature is a factor or a coincidence.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi oldgrantiSounds like the same sort of problem, my handle just felt and lookedloose, like it wasn't connected to anything but it's ok now, really strange

1 - 12 of 12 Posts