Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ordering a Q3 S Line Quattro tomorrow in Daytona Grey.I am not interested in spending on many extras, however, does the car come with handsfree (Bluetooth) that will connect to my iPhone or will I have to order additional kit?Also do any of you guys know if the car comes with mats? I have been stung at BMW for these in the past! Many thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
nunny said:
I am ordering a Q3 S Line Quattro tomorrow in Daytona Grey.I am not interested in spending on many extras, however, does the car come with handsfree (Bluetooth) that will connect to my iPhone or will I have to order additional kit?Also do any of you guys know if the car comes with mats? I have been stung at BMW for these in the past! Many thanks
The S-Line comes with mats (feature grey piping according to this site
-http://www.netcarshow.com/audi/2012-q3/
It has a bunch of other details, hope that helps!One upscale option is the S line sport package, which immerses the entire cabin and headlining in dynamic black. The floor mats feature gray piping, the door panels are covered in cloth, and inlays are available in a choice of brushed aluminum or piano finish.

·
Registered
100 Posts
this is from the Q£ brochure
The SE model comes withBluetooth interface – for handsfree mobilephone connectivity and Bluetooth audiostreaming (depending on compatibilityof mobile phone)
AlsoFront and rear floor mats in velour, to matchthe chosen carpet colour.
you can check the phone compatiability by going herehttp://microsites.audi.com/ngw_assets/mobile_db/index.html?ds=json_en
Also I found it helpful to go through the online configurator for my car so i know what I wanted and what it came with

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I have a Q3 for a few hours tomorrow for test drive. Looking forward to actually driving one and seeing if the 140 diesel is good enough for day to day driving. I currently have the VAG 170 diesel in a Leon FR so hopefully it will not feel under powered, however, I must remind myself that these are completelly different types of vehicle.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hi
All UK Q3's come with Bluetooth as standard.
You should test the 140 and the 177, you may find the 140 a bit slower than what you are used to, the 4 wheel drive and bigger body sap a bit of power

·
Registered
100 Posts
wow - how did you wrangle a Q3 for a couple of hours. My test drive I had to have the Salesman in the car and it only lasted about 30 minutes

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sales girl said just to pop down at the weekendand you can have a Q3 for a couple of hours, then you can what the car is really like. Seemed very matter of fact like this was a normal response.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, I did a build on the configurator and have decided to go for the Audi Sound System! The Bose I had in my TT years ago and it was brilliant, however, I cannot justify £690 on a car stereo. But I imaging the Audi Sound System will be enjoyable, any experiences?I will be bugging you all with questions before I sign on the dotted line tomorrow, soz in advance!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Surprised at that Da2922 even when I bought my first Audi I had a couple of hours on my own. Nowadays they are just glad I get the demonstrator back before they go home! Seriously I have had potential buys soured for me by the with the salesman drives. This was the Tiguan. Stuck with my A4 longer than i intended so as Audi had started to make the Q3. Can't see how you get a proper feel for how a car fits with you in 30 minutes supervised. Just my opinion of course.

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
I agree with Tyreman - when we bought Mrs G's A3 about 3 years ago we were able to have one to ourselves for an afternoon. When I ordered my Q3 last month we were given 20 minutes supervised. Or at least that's what I was told...

I stuck the salesgirl in the back and made sure that by the time the 20 minutes were up we were at least 15 miles from the dealership, on narrow winding roads that ensured that we couldn't hurry back. You could almost hear her teeth grinding.

·
Registered
485 Posts
We went to a dealer who gave us the keys for a Q3 and told us that as long as we brought it back before they closed, it was all ours.

We got back 30 mins before the dealer closed and sat down to get some prices, but they suggested the deal may be better if they had a day to consider it. They duly rang the following day and basically said- ' Find your best deal elsewhere and we will beat it'. They then added- 'You owe us that seeing as you had our car for half a day'.

Hmmm- Never did go back to them.....

·
Registered
93 Posts
One "extra" you may want to consider is a spare wheel! - £75 - well worth it.RegardsMal

·
Registered
36 Posts
not sure if its correct - but one poster here recently reported that the spare wheel was now standard for builds beyond week 22. Would be interested to learn if this is correct - thanks

and good luck tomorrow

Al

·
Registered
100 Posts
A Dab radio should be standard from week 22 but I don't know about the wheel as I don't want one as I choose the car because of the boot space. Also more cars are moving away from spare wheels for the glue so it would be a strange move to put a spare wheel as standard.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Don't forget to choose the space saver tyre option at £75 unless you consciously don't want it. It will cost a fortune to retrofit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Da2922 said:
A Dab radio should be standard from week 22 but I don't know about the wheel as I don't want one as I choose the car because of the boot space. Also more cars are moving away from spare wheels for the glue so it would be a strange move to put a spare wheel as standard.

Having spoken to a very frank and friendly Audi Dealer recently I'm afraid the opposite is true - Audi as a manufacturer are returning to spare wheels and moving away from the tyre gunk because unless its tiny hole which is not in the sidewall of the tyre then it's as useful as a chocolate teapot. The new A3 for instance comes with a compact spare as standard.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Spare wheel is standard in Australia and has been since launch, personally I wouldn't be comfortable without it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Being a wheelchair user I was going to order a spare wheel so when the RAC man comes out he can change it for me. I didn't want him trying to use the tyre repairkit and failing then wait 2 hours for a low loader to come out (4wd cars should never be towed) allat the side of the motorwaySo I am glad it now comes with a spare wheel free!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts