Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Q3 SE TFSI in Cobalt Blue in mid-April and have just checked in with East Kent Audi for a progress report. Apparently it went to production mid-May and I can expect it about the end of June.

I've gone for the light grey interior as - although no doubt trendy - I find the all-black interior a tad dark and like the idea of the light grey lower dash panel. Needless to say I'm looking forward to the end of the month.

·
Registered
485 Posts
We have the light grey interior and it looks good. It even smells new after 9 months!

Look into the vehicle and it looks light and airy, something dark colours don't do well. My only concern is that it will start to look grubby in years to come, but it came with full exterior and interior treatment, so the dealer can valet it if needs be.

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just had an email from the Audi dealer, summoning me to "sign my document" as the car will be arriving in a week or two. Now I'm starting to get excited - quite an unusual occurance at my age...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Saw another thread where missatm who ordered in April was looking at collection. I ordered at the same time, but it's a company car on a lease so I have no dealer contact. Been checking emails every hour, but nothing yet. :-(

·
Registered
201 Posts
Very nice colour Gromit, look forward to seeing some shots both inside and out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Crem0.. I actually ordered the last day of march.. But managed to make it into the 2014 model production week.. Initially advised of a July 17th collection and I'm picking it up this Coming Friday. Luckily I haven't had to push them to get it early. A polite prompt that, as my Company car was being returned on the 22nd, if there was anything that could be done to avoid me being in a hire car for those few weeks it would be greatly appreciated. I may have just been lucky.. Who knows!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks for the detail missatm. Unfortunately, I have been in hire cars since august last year, I took ages to decide, so won't have any joy there. I think our fleet manager Is on hols this week. Hope it's as brilliant on Friday as they are in the showroom.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Had word this morning the car is being delivered on 26th June. Getting excited, just a little bit, I have had a Kia Cee'd hire car for two weeks now and the 1000 miles a week are really uncomfortable.

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nearly there! I went in earlier today to do the paperwork and I'm scheduled to collect it next Tuesday (July 2nd). I'm starting to look forward to it now.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nice one Gromit!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi guys! Picked mine up on Friday.. Love him except..... He's damaged
and my mmi keeps sticking! In the dealership next Wednesday to rectify.. Oh dear..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Whats wrong with him?

·
Registered
275 Posts
It's 12:30am can't sleep as will have the Q3 in less than 12 hrs. Can't wait

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Patience, dear boy, patience.....

I'm only jealous 'cos I still have a full week to wait.

I hope the pickup is enjoyable and trouble-free - don't forget the pics!

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I said:
I'm only jealous 'cos I still have a full week to wait.
Er..... cancel that - I've just had a call from "AudisRus" saying that the car is here, PDI'd and ready for collection!

I'm hoping to arrange collection tomorrow (Thurs 27th) afternoon - watch this space...

EDIT: Yup, confirmed for 4PM tomorrow.

Edited by: Gromit

·
Registered
107 Posts
Good news Gromit!

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Car is apparently build week 25.

It was said when I purchased the car that it would be arriving around September time so was happy that it would be a 63 plate.

After talking with the dealer recently he said the car may arrive now in July.

My question is can I ask them to hold the car till the 1st of September or do I have to take delivery when it arrives at the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It'll be worth asking them, especially as you were given to expect a '63 plate car, but be prepared for them to say no as they are under considerable pressure to get them out as soon as they come in. From a mercenary point of view, they will be dead keen to include the sale in the current month's figures, so you might have a fight on your hands. Dig your heels in and insist - you could claim that the funds won't be available until September which is something they'd find hard to argue with.

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GOT IT!!

When Mrs G & I turned up we got the full "Audi welcomes Mr & Mrs G" treatment with the beast lurking under a dustsheet waiting for the great unveiling. It's total BS but I love it - it makes one feel just a little bit special (although you know in the rational corner of your mind that everybody gets it) and the car did look great under the showroom lights after the sheet was ceremoniously removed.

I'll post pics later after I've edited them - I managed to get a set taken before the weather curtailed any further investigation (basically, it's p*ssing down now) and post them and hopefully some others in better light over the weekend.

It looks terrific and drives beautifully, so far anyway. Needless to say I'm like a kid with a new toy at the moment. More later.

·
Registered
107 Posts

1 - 20 of 23 Posts