Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first Audi new car order experience and distinctly unimpressed so far. Ordered in October, provisional build week 4; paid for non-standard wheel up grade to speed things up. Promised monthly update call on progress..... Then once deposir banked, silence! No calls, I called them December and November... This time the salesman drops into conversation that build date now back to 8 and not yet confirmed .... very vague doesnt know the order or my details. Dreadful customer service.... However good the car is if this is level of service from dealer I am questioning whether to proceed...not going to jump yet but expect beter from premium brand.

·
Registered
129 Posts
This is also my first Audi & I am having a very similar experience,I ordered on day 1 the order books were open & car may arrive early Jan.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Finally picking up the car (SLine, full leather, heated seats and DAB) on Saturday, once the dealer has added the Sat Nav that I have been very impressed with on the loan car. Placing the deposit last May seems a long time ago. Just hoping it's been worth the wait!

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's my first audi too. I ordered a Q3 s-line. VERY disappointed so far. I ordered in September with a projected January delivery. Then delayed to March and today I was told the build date is end of May!
That will be a 9 MONTH delivery time - incredible. How can audi keep going like this?
You can make a human being faster than build a Q3.
Not sure who I can complain to to have any impact - does anyone know.
I'm telling everyone I know.
The dealership just doesn't return my calls.

9 months... i just don't believe it...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi - I know it does seem strange that currentvorders are being delayed - perhaps the cars are going elsewhere. But as someone lucky enough to have collected theirs stick with it - in my view it is worth the wait!

·
Registered
518 Posts
I am also experiencing severe delays, with a projected August delivery (ordered December) having originally been told April. I am told that certain spec items can be the cause of the hold up. I can't remember them all, but certainly they include the standard alloys (can get round that by ordering the upgraded 17" alloys for an extra £195, though some dealers are absorbing the cost themselves) and more importantly, the STronic gearbox.

Other than that, my dealer is as frustrated as I am

·
Registered
11 Posts
We've been in touch with our dealer today as we've still have not received a build date after ordering end November. We were originally told to expect delivery not before March, but are now being told it probably won't be until summer and that someone who had ordered a week prior to us has been told August/September!!! Really not sure if we can wait that long, but the dealers looking into it for us so will see if he comes up with anything.

·
Registered
518 Posts
A major problem appears to be Stronic. Did you spec yours with this?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered SE manual in October and still no build date.... Fed up and had enough..... Phoning dealer tomorrow and will cancel order if I do not get a confirmed build date or if they push it back again

·
Registered
17 Posts
i received a mail in the last couple of days to say expect delivery next week but i was told last friday it would be 6 weeks, audi seems very confused, if there is a major delay i beleive audi will provide a car, i kicked up a stink and they gave me a Q3 SE STronic that i am using until mine arrives next week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am really concerned having seen some of the above comments. Ordered a Q3 S-line manual on Sunday Jan 8. The order form says delivery due 30/4/12. I have no build date yet (too soon I think) but I suspect I will be lucky to take delivery then! My part ex value is only being held for the next 2 months - the value will then reduce by £250 per month. That's going to be a big loss to bear if it drags on. Do you get your deposit refunded if you cancel for late delivery? Good luck with all your orders folks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well that's it, decision done. Still no build date, projected date put back again.....and my salesman sacked! What a mess! Test driving A5 Sportback Sunday and if I like it again will order. Whatever happens, I have decided to cancel the Q3 order. Audi have made a mess of it so will steer clear of Q3 until they get their act sorted

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered mine June 2011, and after hearing no update from them. I phoned them up earlier this month to ask for a update on the estimated January 16th that was on my paperwork, to be told its looking more like May 2012 but they couldn't commit to that date and that it wasn't set in stone and that it was an estimate.
I caused a stink and ended up cancelling the order but got hold of a slightly higher spec in the cobalt blue instead of the original daytona gray. I am picking this up on the 19th Jan, I asked them today why there was such a delay on my original order and I was told that they was having problems with the side airbags in the factory and that was what was holding up my order.
having two young children I couldn't order bose speakers and all the extras and then save money on the side airbags could I? I wouldn't anyway, but hopefully they would never be used.

Edited by: beenletdown

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's interesting. I ordered 2.0 TDI Quattro S-line at the start of August and took delivery today. Long list of options all as ordered save that the rear side airbags are missing. Was told it must have been an admin error when the spec was put on to the computer system. From beenletdown's post it sounds as though this might not quite be the case. Anyway, on a more positive note the car is absolutely great and Daytona Grey looks fantastic in the bright sunshine. Of course, living in Manchester I doubt I'll be seeing much of it in those conditions...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hmmmmmm, watching and reading these posts I am getting the impression that dealers are coming up with different reasons (excuses) e.g. S-tronic box, alloys, airbags and so on.

Ordered my SE 2.0TDI in Black in August and up to now advised January delivery. Only recieved this after going in and complaining in November and securing a guaranteed price on my part/ex for a Jan delivery.

Despite this have test driven one albeit an S line quattro and allowing for the increase in power will not be disappointed when I do eventually get mine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Spent over two hours at Audi dealer today... Different salesman very positive experience.....still think Q3 a great car and sure you will all be very happy with it.... But for me my salesman was really honest, and apologetic and could not guarantee with any certainty when my car would be here. Cancelled the order and will be picking up new A6 this week thst was destined tp have been a demonstrator. Very different but fantastic deal on a fantastic car matching the numbers I would have paid on Q3. Completely restored my faith in Audi.... Signing off from this forum now. Best wishes and happy motoring

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had an update from Audi UK today.
My order has gone back another 4 weeks until July.
That's now 10 months after my order in September last year.
They also told me that they have stopped making ALL Q3's now, but Audi do not know why production has stopped. Apparently all the dealers know this.
I'm thinking of cancelling - maybe I'll never buy my first audi!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts