Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was off to the vets to pick one of our pooches up, and noticed a Q3 parked up.
It would be rude not to park next to it, and I took the opportunity to grab a photo.
However, as I sat in the waiting room of the vets, I looked at my photo and thought, that white car cannot be a Q3, it is much bigger than my Daytona Grey one

I was so convinced that it must be at least a Q5, that I popped out to check the badge.
It was as I initially thought, a Q3.

Is it just me, or do they appear significantly different in size?!!!

Edited by: Black Pudding

·
Super Moderator
1,756 Posts
I wonder what the effect would be if you where standing exactly between the two Q3's to make a photo. I guess they would look (almost) similar in size

·
Registered
563 Posts
It is strange, it must be the angle of the photo.Notice how the Daytona looks fastest though

·
Registered
85 Posts
My 3 previous cars were grey, but the grey Q3's seemed less tall to me, sobuying a grey Q3 was excluded for me. It's not the angle of the picture, it's just like that for some reason.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
It's just down to the angle, you can see by the lines in the parking bay.
The darker colour also hides some of the lower down parts of the car you can see clearer with the white.
I parked next to a Q5 in the petrol station last week, they are much bigger all round! I felt inadequate

·
Registered
230 Posts
The first Q3 we took for a test drive was black. Didn't look all that big and the dealer parked it next to our Scirocco. Couple of days later the dealer rang to say that a 177 Quattro was available for us to drive, which is what we wanted. This time the car was in silver and again the dealer managed to car it next to our Roc. We both walked past thinking it was a Q5, it simply looked bigger in silver, very strange.How come then, that now my hair has turned silver that I do not look taller than I did in my youth?

·
Registered
304 Posts
When I see them on the motorways, it can be hard to tell which they are- some look bigger like Q5s and some look really compact. I think the Amalfi white ones look compact compared o glacier white.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I prefer the compact look... but the wheels play and important role in the difference. love both colors. tone glass on withe its crucial. cheers

·
Registered
258 Posts
Talking about wheels, I have been so unsure if I have done the right thing staying with the 17" wheels the q3 comes with. Im tempted to change to 18". just purely on looks what do others think??. Why/how did you choose which wheels. (I know s-lines come with 18")

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm having s line but I do think 17" are a bit skinny from looks perspective - no doubt yours will be the best in snow and mud!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
You'll be fine with the 17's, they're difficult to see from behind the wheel anyway

If it's looks you're after, get an evoque but if it's a good car you're after then the Q3 rolling on 17's will be fine.

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts
Agreed. The 17" standard wheels are the most practical, easy to clean, will give the most comfortable ride and are pretty much kerb-proof. Looks are a very personal thing but I like them - they suit the style of the car IMHO.

·
Super Moderator
1,756 Posts
Nice Q3 anyway

I would - when
must order 17" - use them and later mount Winter tires on them
and in the time between, plenty of time to choose
18"or 19" rims for the 'Summer-wheels'.

Edited by: audidriver4ever

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thank you for your opinions. The bling of gold wheels was tempting for a while.! I may have come to my senses now. Also my near side wheel on my MB did suffer with low profile tyres. I will wait until the tread wears down.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Going back to the Op does anybody remember that episode of father Ted where they are in a caravan and Ted is explaining to Dougal that the model cow in his hand is small but the one in the field is far away. so looks small. Small... Far away...

·
Registered
258 Posts
In many circumstances its very difficult to tell a Q3 from a Q5. We always have to look twice and check the badge on the back. Do others do this??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts