Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, hope someone can help me with this one.

Is there a way to open the tailgate when the car engine is on? For example, when you are dropping someone off and they need to get their bags from the boot.

I don't seem to be able to unlock the boot even after pressing the boot unlock button on the keyfob, press the doors unlock button in the car or even exiting the car and try opening it with the advanced key in my pocket.

Could only open the boot after turning the car off...

thanks

·
Registered
613 Posts
Not heard of this problem - I don't have the advanced key though, so maybe it's a safety/security feature of this?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have the advanced key ( convenience package) and I can open the tailgate with the fob in my pocket.

pekX2to

·
Registered
518 Posts
auchh. I have the advanced key option, and confirm that I can open the tailgate with the engine running. This works both if I leave the car with the key in my pocket, or if I leave the key fob in the car and walk round to open the tailgate.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I'll test again. If it fails, will get it fixed at the next service. Cheers.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Not sure if it might have any relevance, but check the auto locking options on the MMI. It could be that some combination of these unexpectedly locks the boot while the engine is running.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was wondering about this too, I haven't got the advance key. When a passenger wanted to open the boot I had to take te key out the ignition and use the key to open it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts