Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where the oil filter is located on the 2.0 TFSI engine. I think it is the filter located on the left front top ( as you stand looking at it) and it is upside down? Can anyone confirm this?
The reason I ask this is that the filter I'm talking about on my engine has a small yellow splodge of paint on the side of the canister. I know that on production lines key components are marked with a dab of paint to confirm they have been tightened/ torqued correctly. This would indicate that it is the original filter which would be rather upsetting as it has been in for two services in the last eighteen months.
My next port of call is the dealers parts dept to buy an oil filter to see if they all have yellow splodges on them!

·
Super Moderator
6,223 Posts
You're worrying about nothing, my Celtic friend - that's the oil filter housing cap and is not replaced with the filter. The filter resides in the housing underneath it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Gromit

Thanks for your reply. I have managed to get some numbers off the filter, W719/45. It's definitely not a replaceable element type filter. It's a canister type, i.e. the whole unit comes off and is replaced so it's not a housing cap. Further investigation is required!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts