Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning guys
I’m trying to find the the correct oil for my q3. Have had a look in the handbook and it give you recommended oils for emergency use only ! Don’t know what that’s all about I suspect they want you to purchase some from your local Audi centre.
Also I’m after some sline genuine mud flaps for it but they seem hard to find unless you go go to Audi
Thanks in advance ,Gary.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Welcome to the club Gary.

I'll have to defer to a member who has a 45TFSI for oil. Just looked mine up on Euro Car Parts and it came with 5w30 fully synthetic.

There are Ebay options for mudflaps: Ebay Q3 2020 mudflaps, or the Forum sponsors, Crewe Audi do members here good deals on the genuine items - Tom fox is the contact, you can email him: [email protected]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the club Gary.

I'll have to defer to a member who has a 45TFSI for oil. Just looked mine up on Euro Car Parts and it came with 5w30 fully synthetic.

There are Ebay options for mudflaps: Ebay Q3 2020 mudflaps, or the Forum sponsors, Crewe Audi do members here good deals on the genuine items - Tom fox is the contact, you can email him: [email protected]
Thanks for the info John ,nice to hear from you.

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
From Jalees castrol link, the data sheet shows the VW oil specs which are the other key info needed when choosing the correct oil. They are VW 508.00 and VW 509.00

From the oilspecifications.org web site -

VW 508.00/509.00 This specification combo (508.00 for petrol, 509.00 for diesel) requires a 0W20 viscosity, fuel economy oil with long life additives. These specifications are NOT backward compatible with the eariler VW specifications. Recommended for the new 2.0 TFSI 140 kW and 3.0 TDI CR 160 kW VW/Audi engines.

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From Jalees castrol link, the data sheet shows the VW oil specs which are the other key info needed when choosing the correct oil. They are VW 508.00 and VW 509.00

From the oilspecifications.org web site -

VW 508.00/509.00 This specification combo (508.00 for petrol, 509.00 for diesel) requires a 0W20 viscosity, fuel economy oil with long life additives. These specifications are NOT backward compatible with the eariler VW specifications. Recommended for the new 2.0 TFSI 140 kW and 3.0 TDI CR 160 kW VW/Audi engines.

Cheers Spike
Nice one spike,thanks👌👌👌

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I collected my new car in September I got the salesman to make sure that there was a "free via their Audi parts department " 1 Lt of top up oil in the boot for me to use should I need it. The oil which they provided was an Audi Longlife IVFE SAE 0W - 20. Please note that mine is a 35TFSI model so it could be possible that your requirements may be different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts