Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, still toying with replacing my current SE 2wd for Quattro either SE or S line. Also tempted by RRE but cost and reliability/build puts me off. I am considering the off road style pack as I live rural and occasionally go off road, walking trips off dodgy country lanes etc and think the Quattro with off road style pack gives the car an extra bit of grunt. Anybody else have this? Would be interested on your views.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Steadykev
Funnily enough a mate of mine bought one yesterday. It looks great. Silver 140 SE, 19 inch wheels, connectivity package, darken windows and a few other extras. Price 43,500 Euros. Took it for a test drive up the mountain roads and it stuck to the tarmac like glue. Very impressed.
ATD

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another question on this is why do Audi insist on stipulating that 19" off road wheels must be ordered with the ORSP. Why can you not order 18" instead. Not that I've asked yet but 1" should not matter when soft off roading surely? Especially given that winter wheel/tyre sets come in 17" size.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok Guys & gals, getting worried now and having sleepless nights. No one is answering the last post and another thought is that I really fancy the Sline in Daytona grey but cannot have the ORSP. Can the Pack be retro fitted or at least the stainless steel under parts and wider wheel arches. Any help appreciated even if it means a telephone number to call Germany

·
Registered
192 Posts
steadykev said:
Hi everyone, still toying with replacing my current SE 2wd for Quattro either SE or S line. Also tempted by RRE but cost and reliability/build puts me off. I am considering the off road style pack as I live rural and occasionally go off road, walking trips off dodgy country lanes etc and think the Quattro with off road style pack gives the car an extra bit of grunt. Anybody else have this? Would be interested on your views.
Go with the s line 4wd if you can? Same 4x4 system as the RRE. s-line gives you everything fancy led lamps do look special front and rear,You will get a better trade in with the s-line.

are near boston?
ps 18inch just enough rubber to stop you kerbing the alloys
you will need to spec folding mirrors

Edited by: puddy

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Puddy, thanks for the reply. Not sure why the RRE seems to be able to go anywhere yet the Q3 cannot - at least on the thousands of youtube videos anyway given that they use the same system, albeit the RRE is proactive rather than reactive like the q3. Is the ride height different? I still like the idea of having the ORSP so will see if I can have the 18" 5 arm off road wheels on the Quattro SE or consider looking elsewhere, would be shame though as I do like the Q3 build quality.

·
Registered
192 Posts
With the s-line you dont need orsp

The front DRL and led rear lights make the q3 stand out!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the Q3 but you can't compare it's off road abilities with the RRE . Range Rover make the best off road vehicles out there, all we have is a very nice looking SUV .

·
Registered
94 Posts
I agree but at least our door gaps can't be seen from the moon...

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have t0 agree with ****** re the RRE off road abilities. They are far superior to those of the Q3, and you can control the degree of assistance/traction control via the road surface selector (eg snow, sand, gravel, chocolate etc). Among other things , the RRE has a wading depth of around 600mm, compared with about 150mm for the Q3.Having said that, it is important to remember for the Q3 to switch off traction control in off road conditions. I know this sounds counter intuitive, but Audi's "off road" mode (it says so in the DIS) is activated by switching OFF traction control.

·
Registered
192 Posts
rontheman said:
Having said that, it is important to remember for the Q3 to switch off traction control in off road conditions. I know this sounds counter intuitive, but Audi's "off road" mode (it says so in the DIS) is activated by switching OFF traction control.

Your spot on with turning off traction control on ice snow the pro say lowering tyre pressure helps driving in sand and snow.

To see how the rre & q3 cope off road look on youtubedon't forget they are fitted with the same haldex system the q3 has a later version
Edited by: puddy

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Just for information, I found the wading depth for the Q3 a little while ago - it's 400mm (20"). I'm not sure I've got the bottle to test it out though...

·
Registered
485 Posts
See quote below from Audi information sheet-

<h2>Off-road capability</h2>

With an approach angle of 17 degrees and a 12.2 degrees
departure angle the Audi Q3 is ready for anything. Ground clearance is a
substantial 185 mm with a wading depth of 500 mm that is more than
enough to drive through shallow streams.I'm with you Gromit- I have no desire to test it, but it gives you some re-assurance. I would also be concerned re the undertray!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
I said:
- it's 400mm (20").
Trust me to **** up the metric equivalent - it's my age...

CMs, MMs, KMs, M&Ms - it's all foreign to an old fart like me.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Gromit said:
I said:
- it's 400mm (20").
Trust me to **** up the metric equivalent - it's my age...

CMs, MMs, KMs, M&Ms - it's all foreign to an old fart like me.
Gromit, you left out S&M from the above

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Listen mate, what I get up to in the privacy of my own home has no place on the forums, OK?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Gromit said:
Listen mate, what I get up to in the privacy of my own home has no place on the forums, OK?

I thought you owned the number plate K1 NKY?

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
You know ****' well I do - it cost me a fortune to buy it off you.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Puddy, I took your advice, well kind of and decided to ditch the ORSP, mainly because I didn't want the 19" wheels so went for the following instead;

Zenon light package, 18" 5 arm "off road" wheels, Hill descent,, Drive select+damper control, mud flaps, chrome exhaust trim and lots of other goodies to give the car that extra bit of style.

Cheers :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts