Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
How useful do you (all) think the OBDeleven app is for the Q3?

I've bought this device almost a year ago... if you'd ask me I'd say it is pretty much HOPELESS.

When I began using it some apps weren't working. They fixed some, I implemented some mods. After a while they somehow updated the app with live data (a sort of measuring blocks) but then when I've tried to access apps that I know were working they aren't anymore. I'd say currently about half of the apps don't work anymore for the Q3 8U.

Hi highly advise anyone with a Q3 not to buy this or their newer interface and get a proper tool like VCDS because not only they have no interest in our car, our apps etc but they also don't care about your support requests.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I've changed the mirrors on the previous RS and a couple of bits on my wife's A1 - was sufficient for my needs.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I am still striving with the customer support but their requests are unrealistic or not very useful, doesn't bode well at all.

How can they even mange to break what was already working ? The scale of the problem is here... nobody actively uses it, just a bunch of lowlifes for them.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I use a Foxwell NT520 for diagnostics and coding.

So far I have been able to do everything I believe can be done with VCDS.

It is probably a bit harder to use then VCDS, but I prefer it, as it is a compact all in one unit that is permanently in the car - fits nicely in the draw under the passenger seat.
It is also not limited to the number of VINS like VCDS, and can add other car manufacturers to it etc.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
OBDEleven has just had an Android App update...should we read anything into that I wonder??

·
Registered
393 Posts
OBDEleven has just had an Android App update...should we read anything into that I wonder??
AS I had it before, I don't think it's much usefull for Q3, all mods can be easily found on internet to do using VCDS. If somebody also have VCDS, there is no need to buy that. If you just need it for ease of fault findinf, just buy a good quality ELM327 device and use software that works with it, like Carista or specific VAG application on android

·
Registered
40 Posts
AS I had it before, I don't think it's much usefull for Q3, all mods can be easily found on internet to do using VCDS. If somebody also have VCDS, there is no need to buy that. If you just need it for ease of fault findinf, just buy a good quality ELM327 device and use software that works with it, like Carista or specific VAG application on android

Hi ,

Can you please give me a link to what you think is best to buy? Is there a variety of VCDS. I would like to try a good device. Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
You can also find best quality clones which can be updated, it's better for individual use and much cheaper
Ok, now I'm a bit confused ?... I will be interested in being able to reset faults, fault finding. (if I get any lol). Service reminders. And more importantly. Adjusting - example idle speed , make the instruments sweep . When turning the ignition on. And to silence the noises when I want to leave lights on. Or gets out the car "ignition on" warning ⚠. And maybe any other advanced settings like that which can be changed... ? Does that seem possible? Seem reasonable. Thanks for your comments and feedback , kostas

·
Registered
426 Posts
Some of the things you asked are possible, some are unknown, i.e. the code necessary to alter the setting is not known.

VCDS does that... but you need to code, use the long coding helper and modify individual bits. Ideally you'd want something like OBDeleven which HAD (internal) apps which DID all the hard work for you... all that would be left to you is the choice of which "apps" to activate.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Ive used OBDEleven to perform/change certain function using its apps successfully and reset faults codes with it.
VCDS is the tool to use but carries the price tag with it compared with OBDEleven.
You pay your money and take your choice.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I am having problems with OBDeleven. Support is not helping. Can you for example modify the number of blinks of the indicators ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts