Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Q3
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me again 2017 Q3

I have used other apps with no issues but I can’t seem to get my folding mirrors to work, it’s supported and I activate it use the credits but refuses to function

I have no option to fold my mirrors with the knob that adjust them but I’ve seen other Q3 owners get this option, anyone know the solution must I manually code it outside of OBD

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
2,559 Posts
Hello me again.

Ahhh...you can only code the mirrors to fold-on-lock if the car has the mirror icon graphic at the 6 o'clock position on the switch. If there isn't anything on the switch it means your mirrors don't have the requisite electric motors.

·
Registered
2017 Q3
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello me again.

Ahhh...you can only code the mirrors to fold-on-lock if the car has the mirror icon graphic at the 6 o'clock position on the switch. If there isn't anything on the switch it means your mirrors don't the requisite electric motors.
Figures should’ve said not supported and refund my credits oh well thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello me again.

Ahhh...you can only code the mirrors to fold-on-lock if the car has the mirror icon graphic at the 6 o'clock position on the switch. If there isn't anything on the switch it means your mirrors don't have the requisite electric motors.
Hi guys ! Sorry for the newbie question, but I just bought a Q3 Vorsprung, and you think the mirrors don't fold automatically when I lock the car ? (I will try when I get it next week ;P

·
Super Moderator
2,559 Posts
Welcome PLF. AudiCanada has an 8U Q3, you have the F3 Q3 model - totally different.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome PLF. AudiCanada has an 8U Q3, you have the F3 Q3 model - totally different.
I feel I. have so much to learn !... I don't even know what 8U and F3 mean... ;P
I'm so excited to learn more with you all !

·
Super Moderator
2,559 Posts
Wikipedia have a useful page for a crash-course in all things Q3 - worth a read: Audi Q3 - Wikipedia

Reactions: Mr c and PLF

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi and welcome,
I am fairly new hear as well as you said great forum really informative, I haven’t got our Q3 yet on order hopefully and hopefully will pick it up end of next month 🤞 you will undoubtedly have the folding mirrors on the Vorsprung its on the SLine we ordered and your is well up on speck from the S Line enjoy.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi and welcome,
I am fairly new hear as well as you said great forum really informative, I haven’t got our Q3 yet on order hopefully and hopefully will pick it up end of next month 🤞 you will undoubtedly have the folding mirrors on the Vorsprung its on the SLine we ordered and your is well up on speck from the S Line enjoy.
awesome ! Thank you for the confirmation ! :)
I was about to buy a new config too, but it was 5 months delivery so I couldn't wait... And they found a great similar ex-demo, so we went for it :p I hope we won't regret.

·
Super Moderator
2,559 Posts
So what colour is the new beast?

·
Super Moderator
2,559 Posts
Many, many moons ago, working in a Ford dealer I had an Orion 1,6GL demo in black...it was the last black car I've ever been responsible for...looks good clean for about 5 minutes....not good for a fastidious OCD chap like me!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Many, many moons ago, working in a Ford dealer I had an Orion 1,6GL demo in black...it was the last black car I've ever been responsible for...looks good clean for about 5 minutes....not good for a fastidious OCD chap like me!
haha, I admit, I'm having trouble keeping it clean, I'm ashamed a lot :p

·
Registered
89 Posts
Looks awesome, I love black but having had one never again for the reasons you both have mentioned although there’s not many weeks go buy that I don’t clean the car.
I also find stone chips very frustrating on black cars when they use a white primer don’t know that’s the norm but wasn’t impressed at the time 😂

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have just bought a 2015 Q3 in black from a showroom in Taunton. I too would like my mirrors to fold when locking the car, is there anywhere/anyone in Taunton area that can do this for me? I do have the folding mirrors on the door switch. TIA

1 - 15 of 15 Posts