Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fired up OBD11 and looked at the App section - there are lots of new capabilities added including one to change the throttle pedal sensitivity - maybe the one to negate the need for a Pedal box gadget.

• Tail lights as brake-lights - That isn't a bad idea on the F3 as the brake light illumination is only in the outer light units.
  • Being able to default the steering response in all Drive Select modes - I prefer Dynamic.
  • Fade on/Fade off interior lights - TBH I thought the RS did that already, I'll have to check.
  • Auto door unlock after putting transmission lever into P - nice.
  • Refuel quantity on the dash display
  • Being able to adjust the accuracy of the fuel consumption display in a range of 85-115% - neat.
  • Auto-lock on exiting the car - neat, though obviously not for everyone. Would be defence against scanner devices listening to the door lock signals.

...and many more, most will apply for regular F3 models - fancy a G meter like the RS has, well now you can have it too, yup, that's an option too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
does it have the option to put the light show like the other RS`s have? i believe there will be a buy option coming in the official app at some point but nice if you can get it free!

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not that I've seen so far,

The 'function-on-demand' capabilities where you can purchase additional capabilities for your car have been introduced on the Audi ETron models only , at least as far as I'm aware.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks john. Yes etron only at the moment although the website says coming to other models.

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the day job I was at Audi's Ingolstadt HQ 3 or so years ago discussing this very topic for Function-on-Demand. For Etron it was decided to reduce, where possible, the number of variations of components to simplify manufacturing and that's where the idea came from. So for Etron models for example they would fit only one kind of headlamp and offer two options, regular LED and Matrix LED, So theoretically you could order a car with LED headlamps and upgrade to full Matrix for an additional fee purchased through the mobile app. It begged a whole bunch of question such as 'does the function upgrade belong to the owner or the vehicle?' and 'what happens to the function feature when the car is sold on?.

I imagine that Audi will seek to extended this capability across the range as a means to rationalise component usage.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Just fired up OBD11 and looked at the App section - there are lots of new capabilities added including one to change the throttle pedal sensitivity - maybe the one to negate the need for a Pedal box gadget.

• Tail lights as brake-lights - That isn't a bad idea on the F3 as the brake light illumination is only in the outer light units.
  • Being able to default the steering response in all Drive Select modes - I prefer Dynamic.
  • Fade on/Fade off interior lights - TBH I thought the RS did that already, I'll have to check.
  • Auto door unlock after putting transmission lever into P - nice.
  • Refuel quantity on the dash display
  • Being able to adjust the accuracy of the fuel consumption display in a range of 85-115% - neat.
  • Auto-lock on exiting the car - neat, though obviously not for everyone. Would be defence against scanner devices listening to the door lock signals.

...and many more, most will apply for regular F3 models - fancy a G meter like the RS has, well now you can have it too, yup, that's an option too.
Hey John,
Which one is that ? I mean if I want to buy that and then try out all those features you mentioned please.
Just a thought I know they are expensive.
I have a very basic 1 from Screwfix :D
I think it already paid itself once cleared a code for my friends C class.
And on other occasion my neighbor bought a smart for 4 he had an engine light and car went into limp mode I plugged it in read the code which meant by accident you might have pressed brake and throttle at the same time.
And the recovery guy said the same.
Thanks.
KJ

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OBD Eleven web site product page:
Products

I have a 1st Gen device..

Whilst you can buy credits (most functions are 10 credits), the app gives you a credit for every day you open the app....for some odd reason I have 504 currently :rolleyes:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Thanks John 😊 I'll look into it.

Reactions: RSQ3John

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see HBA - High Beam Assist is in the App list too - gets around having to buy the Kufatec dongle or opting for the Driving Assistance Pack.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I might get to try my HBA on Monday night as we’re off to our first live music event since early 2020.
I haven’t had cause to be out at night in the RS yet.
Let’s hope it’s 100% effective.

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mmmm just tried to activate a couple of items off the list and the OBD11 is saying 'Function not supported', given that the device knows the VIN number seems a bit odd. I'll make contact on Monday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts