Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I think you may be out of luck then.
I am reasonably sure it needs the manual fold to be able to be set automatically sadly.

I would be happy to be contradicted by someone better versed in this world than me…most people.

·
Super Moderator
6,659 Posts
Nope, you're spot on David - no manual fold, no auto-fold. Quite resonable really as the auto-fold merely triggers the motors that will only exist if power folding mirrors (a factory option at the time) were already fitted.

Reactions: Couchtrooper

·
Registered
2014 2.0 TDI S-Line + 177 Quattro in Arctic White
26 Posts
Afternoon all
Just posting back up the positive result on my ask for auto passenger mirror tilt down once reverse gear is selected.
I purchased carisa with 1 month free pro full access £24.99
and it let me enable this function in a couple of clicks 👍🏻 Well pleased with the result as it really makes a difference with the higher ground clearance of the Q3.

·
Super Moderator
6,659 Posts
I'm kind of puzzled - on the 8U series (2012-19) with power folding mirrors this option is enabled automatically. Perhaps it isn't on later models? :unsure:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm kind of puzzled - on the 8U series (2012-19) with power folding mirrors this option is enabled automatically. Perhaps it isn't on later models? :unsure:
Afternoon Gromit
My car doesn’t have power folding mirrors just the electrical adjustment and heat element

·
Registered
560 Posts
Afternoon Gromit
My car doesn’t have power folding mirrors just the electrical adjustment and heat element
I guess the folding part is done by a different motor to the adjustment motor ( which would be the motor that also does the dip on reverse). Well done Couchtrooper - I will have to try it on my car, as it would be very useful for parallel parking, and always thought it was not possible.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Hi manfrotto
I coded the dip on reverse feature on my car a few years ago.
The original how to guide came from the Dutch Audi Forum - Q3 (8U) – Lower the passenger rear-view mirror when reversing (ankk-vagcom.com)

Once coded, the mirror dip setting in reverse can be adjusted without affecting the normal alignment

Cheers Spike
Do you mean you can adjust the dipness then?
I found the Audi doesn’t dip as well as my old BMW.
I’ll try it later as I’m painting the rusty bits of my rear hubs today.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do you mean you can adjust the dipness then?
I found the Audi doesn’t dip as well as my old BMW.
I’ll try it later as I’m painting the rusty bits of my rear hubs today.
Morning DavidS
before settling for the dip setting I had a mess about with the everyday angle and setting of the passenger side mirror just lowering it enough so I could see the kerb if I l leaned up and forward, so when I enabled the tilt down in reverse it hit the sweet spot for my seating position without stretching up 👍🏻 The other setting in Carista is to return the mirror to the standard position once reverse gear is deselected.
I can take some screen shots later to bring this to life if that would help?

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I adjusted the dip when in reverse this morning and it worked a treat - I had never even thought it was variable as my BMW was fixed, from memory.
Thanks for the heads-up!

Reactions: Couchtrooper

·
Registered
560 Posts
I adjusted the dip when in reverse this morning and it worked a treat - I had never even thought it was variable as my BMW was fixed, from memory.
Thanks for the heads-up!
I coded mine over the weekend - Just ticked the two items in module 52 - All working great :)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts