Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got my new OBD11 next gen Basic all set up and done a scan. No fault codes so all is good there.
I’ve only spent about 15 minutes generally looking at options and faffing about doing nothing really useful!

I’m keen to learn what useful changes can be made. I almost managed to change the Soundactor exhaust noise thing - I reduced to 0% but the change doesn’t seem to stick. Perhaps this can only be done with the Pro version? Also, do I need to buy / acquire credits to make settings changes? I only have 16 points (despite watching the ads to earn a few extra points). Maybe I need to buy credits?
Another great change would be for the rear lights to work with the DRLs too - probably not possible but something I thought was a good idea on a Jag XE I had a few years back.
All help / advice welcome - my knowledge is clearly lacking! 😂

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I bought credits. There were 11 in there when I started…goodness knows how John got to 250 odd. I don’t watch ANY adverts unless I have to so that isn’t going to work on me.

Not much point me making suggestions as everything will be different on the F3 from my 8U. I just went for anything that wasn’t activated that took my fancy. Just wish I could switch off the High Beam Assist.

Reactions: RSQ3John and Audit

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve seen a couple of YouTube clips on changing things, does the bonnet need to be open for many of the setting changes to work correctly?

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
532 now David - it adds a bonus credit once a day if you open the App....

·
Registered
157 Posts
I’ve seen a couple of YouTube clips on changing things, does the bonnet need to be open for many of the setting changes to work correctly?
For some changes to be implemented it makes you have the bonnet open. Perhaps this is the reason why the setting of your soundaktor is not staying on 0%. I do not have the pro version and got it down to zero

Reactions: Audit

·
Registered
Audi RSQ3 Sportback Vorsprung 2021 Mythos Black
54 Posts
Hi pal, ordered the pro version from Amazon (they had a deal on it) delivery tomorrow, I’ll have a play with it over the weekend and report back ref the switching the fake sound off etc, will see what else can be done….
Did see a YouTube video on an S3 about opening the exhaust valves permanently, will have a go at that also 👍

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi pal, ordered the pro version from Amazon (they had a deal on it) delivery tomorrow, I’ll have a play with it over the weekend and report back ref the switching the fake sound off etc, will see what else can be done….
Did see a YouTube video on an S3 about opening the exhaust valves permanently, will have a go at that also 👍
Yep, saw that S3 video - would be good if that was a possibility 👍

·
Registered
2,007 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Has anyone tried the throttle response setting? I did not seem to notice any difference...Bonnet open of course.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Has anyone tried the throttle response setting? I did not seem to notice any difference...Bonnet open of course.
Not tried that one yet. I turned off headlamp washers and turned on scandinavian DRLs which run the rear lights as well as front DRLs - good idea on a grey car which blends into the colour of the road. Now the iphone app has crashed and it won’t open up.
Also realised I need the Pro version to turn off Soundaktor😞

Reactions: Couchtrooper

·
Registered
157 Posts
Not tried that one yet. I turned off headlamp washers and turned on scandinavian DRLs which run the rear lights as well as front DRLs - good idea on a grey car which blends into the colour of the road. Now the iphone app has crashed and it won’t open up.
Also realised I need the Pro version to turn off Soundaktor😞
Are you sure? I turned it off without having pro version…

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are you sure? I turned it off without having pro version…
definitely requests an upgrade to change it. Bit the bullet and subscribed to Pro for a year and changed the Soundaktorto 0%.
also changed setting to ‘rear lights on when boot open’

·
Registered
2014 2.0 TDI S-Line + 177 Quattro in Arctic White
26 Posts
Guys
would you know if OBDeleven pro would work on my 8U ?
I can’t find the setting onboard the car through the MMI to turn down the passenger mirror when reverse gear is selected?
miss this function and all my previous VW,s have had this as a standard user selectable option, Not the Q3 as far as I can tell 👎🏻
any insight or thoughts chaps would be gratefully received.

·
Registered
Audi RSQ3 Sportback Vorsprung 2021 Mythos Black
54 Posts
Guys
would you know if OBDeleven pro would work on my 8U ?
I can’t find the setting onboard the car through the MMI to turn down the passenger mirror when reverse gear is selected?
miss this function and all my previous VW,s have had this as a standard user selectable option, Not the Q3 as far as I can tell 👎🏻
any insight or thoughts chaps would be gratefully received.
Hi pal, try leaving the dial for your n/s mirror adjustment in that position, then select reverse.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
If that doesn’t work which it should if you have the full electric mirrors set up, I don’t think you need to go as far as the Pro version for that.
If you go on the pukka OBD11 website, I think it tells you what you can do with each kit.

Reactions: Couchtrooper

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi pal, try leaving the dial for your n/s mirror adjustment in that position, then select reverse.
Just tried this and no joy unfortunately, thanks for the heads up though Chris 248 👍🏻
If that doesn’t work which it should if you have the full electric mirrors set up, I don’t think you need to go as far as the Pro version for that.
If you go on the pukka OBD11 website, I think it tells you what you can do with each kit.
Thanks DavidS for the rapid reply and advice 👍🏻
to confirm mirror are power adjustable and heated Non folding type and are working normally from driver's door controls
will have a look at the menu in the cluster as this is where the setting to change mirrors is on my Passat .
will post back once I get a look 👍🏻

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yep check cluster menu and nothing there or in MMI with ignition on 👎🏻
did a quick trawl on enabling this and obd11 basic will do this simple activation however only if memory seats are fitted 😳
I have motorised lumbar support but the rest of the adjustments are manual.
more research required 😉👍🏻

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I have manual seats so that shouldn’t count.
Do you not have the fold option at six o’clock on the mirror dial? If not, you might be stuck.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts