Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a stickler for number plates, can't bear seeing plates on the skew and it seems to be prevalent in Audis. Audi had to redo my A4 plates 3 times before they were straight as it didn't have pre-drilled holes for them and I had Mr Magoo fitting them - he hadn't lined up the holes when putting them in the plastic bumper

I was in the dealership the other day and saw that the rear has pre drilled holes but could not see the front. I asked the service guys and they said that the front also had pre drilled holes but I'm always a bit wary of them telling you what you want to hear!
Can anyone confirm that the front do indeed have pre-drilled holes for the plates? I don't mind if they keep messing up drilling the plates, it's if they balls up the bumper that'll p1ss me off! If they're not pre-drilled, I'll tell the salesman I want to be there when it's done.

Q3 getting built this week.....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi not sure about the pre drilled issue, but they had to send a mobile tech out to mine as the rear number plate looked like it had been on the p1ss for about a week.

Guy fixed it and now it's straight.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi SteveW

I can confirm that the fronts do not have pre-drilled holes. I had to put my cherished plate on and found the first hole that they messed up!

The number plate would have been at least an inch off centre if they had continued. Muppets

Cheers

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Prince, I thought as much. Will have to tell my salesman not to balls it up!
I can't believe that there isn't a template for them to ensure it is done perfectly.

·
Registered
188 Posts
In Japan there is a place holder with 2 holes for the license plate. As an option I recently bought a chrome license plate holder. Looks cool but a bit expensive at approx. $72.Edited by: pekX2to

1 - 5 of 5 Posts