</font></font>

</font>The Specification is:</font></font>

</font>Q3 S Line 2.0 TDi 177PS
Quattro S Tronic in Cobalt Blue. </font></font>

</font>Factory options: Drive Select, Hill HoldAssist, Comfort Pack,
Heated Seats, Folding Mirrors, SD Sat Nav, Colour DIS, LED Interior Light
Package.</font></font>

</font></font>

</font>The local Audi dealer loaned me an S Line 2.0 TDi 177PS Quattro S Tronic for 2 days for a test drive which was really useful,
and I have the following comments.</font></font>

</font></font>

</font>Great to drive. Slightly hard ride, but it was on 19” wheels
– not sure if it had Sport suspension. Loved the S Tronic and the Xenon lights. </font></font>

</font></font>

</font>Disappointed with the interior lighting. No front and rear ‘reading
lights' just one light front and one light rear. My 14 year old Audi A4 Turbo
Sport has those. Added the LED Interior Light Pack, but I don't believe it will
change the reading light situation.</font></font>

</font></font></font>

</font>It really was a great car to drive, comfortable and handling
really well for a relatively high riding car. Positive thinking, maybe it will
arrive early…..</font></font>

</font></font>

</font>Geoff</font></font>

</font>

·
Registered
257 Posts
Stay positive !
We were originally given a build date of week 04.
My dealer informs me the car is being built this week as production is ahead of schedule
We have tentatively been promised the car for the 20th Jan.
Shame we will miss the 14 reg but we really do need the car asap in order to replace our existing car which is limping towards it's next MOT failure

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
Geoff, once you see the LED light package you'll not be disappointed, trust me! It makes one **** of a difference - you'll have lights in places you didn't even know you had places.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Gromit: I thought it's only the sun that shines from those places, not Audi LEDs!

Agreed, that the LED package is superb, well worth the money. Incidentally, there are 2 reading lights each for front and rear. The 2 rear ones are ina singlehousing (I think the standard interior lights also have 2 in the back and 2 in the front, but I may be wrong)

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
Geoff, two further thoughts....

First, the ride will definitely be softer than on 19" wheels - whether you're having 17" or 18" you should find it really comfortable.

Second, Audi's delivery dates tend to be on the safe-to-pessimistic side - normally they tend to arrive a tad earlier than quoted - so you should take delivery within the quoted period....

...providing nobody sinks the bloody ship of course...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all,Thanks for your replies. I'm glad I added the LED Interior Lights. I had originally dismissed them!After we had decided that we would go for a Q3 for our next car, I trawled the internet for a forum. I was pleased to find this forum dedicated to the Q3. It has been a great find. Thanks to all who read and post in the forum - the information is invaluable.Nickkr - Good luck with your revised delivery date. Geoff

·
Registered
18 Posts
nickkr said:
Stay positive !
We were originally given a build date of week 04.
My dealer informs me the car is being built this week as production is ahead of schedule
We have tentatively been promised the car for the 20th Jan.
Shame we will miss the 14 reg but we really do need the car asap in order to replace our existing car which is limping towards it's next MOT failure 
Very interesting, I have I been given a build date of week 5 but was very specific that I did not want the car until March, so it looks like the dealer may have it sat in his compound for a few weeks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well.. pretty much the same situation. I ordered the Cobalt Blue - really love that metalic color.
Here in India, we get the Premium Plus package which includes Bi-Xenons, LED interior package, LED front and rear, signature Audi DRL, auto-seats for front, 10speaker Audi sound system, Parking aid plus, High gloss package, 17"alloy andNavigation not yet enabled in India Audi :( BMW already does that.

There is something that I didnt undestand - Dynamic headlight range adjustment. This is not the cornering lights or adaptive headlights I think. They say that the range is dynamically adjusted based on tilt, speed etc.

Here Q3 comes as CKD and they have already recieved the CKDs so the deliveries are just waiting for paper formalities.

I test drove Q3 and BMW X1. Didnt like X1 at all. Looked poorly built in materials and the RFT made the ride very bumpy. Not good at all. So decided Q3.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update on delivery:Got a call from my Audi dealer yesterday to say my car was in the country! Apparently the predicted build week 7 was actually brought forward to week 2. Car will be at the dealer in 5 days.Was asked what I wanted to do, and I said delivery on or after 1 March would be fine. No problems; apparently they will do the handover formalities, whatever they entail, towards end of February and I'd then pick up the keys and the car on 1 March. Sounds good.Be interesting to see if the car has the DAB radio ......Geoff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts