Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last 4 cars I have had have all been relatively left field - A2 1.4 TDi Sport, Bora TDi150 Sport, Altea Freetrak 4 TDi & Octavia Scout TSi.

Now I have a Q3 I had hoped for the same level of rareness, however, imagine my surprise when going through the sleepy Sussex village of Cuckfield yesterday at 4pm I saw 2 within 1 minute of each other - I wondered if there was some kind of Audi event I had missed?

Looking at it philosophically and not like the only child I am I now realise they must have chosen for the same reason I have - thank you BMW for creating the X1, Ford the Kuga, Kia the Sportage and Tata the Evoque.

I love my Q3 and although not as rare as I normally have, I will look forward to spotting more - and of course giving a little flash of recognition to!

·
Registered
184 Posts
It's true they are becoming more common, but they still aren't 'common' -if you know what I mean

·
Super Moderator
6,223 Posts
"Common"? Perish the very thought. We can't have just anybody owning a Q3, now can we?

(Jeeves! Put the cap back on that caviar tin and pass me my smoking jacket, will you?)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Milgey
Didn't anybody tell you or you didn't get the innovations to the yearly Q3 rally held in Cuckfield every November!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Returning home from Pembrokeshire on Monday, driving through Red Roses, I was joined by two Q3s. Quite amusing to see all the villagers gathering to watch us - well, it was just the Postman actually.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Stuck on the A1(M) yesterday afternoon I was alongside a white Q3 for a mile or so at 2mph. The driver didn't even acknowledge my cheery wave! Must be allowing the "wrong" type of person to buy one now

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here in East Yorkshire, Q3s are as common as muck. Either Hull Audi have a BOGOF offer on or Land Rover is giving one free with every second Evoque sold.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Before I got my Q3 i kept hoping to pass one so I could remind myself what it looked like whilst I was waiting for mine to come. Now I have one I still never seem to see any others on the road so definitely not common in Suffolk. Will keep looking, in meantime till some other people realise how brilliant they are will just have to look out of window at mine! Used to have a mini and other mini owners used to wave.

·
Registered
563 Posts
When I first got mine it was another 2 months before I saw another after that I would be very lucky if I saw one each month and that's living in London.

Now I see them all the time and they are getting quite common around here.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I like to be different I do like 4wd cars

Mitsubishi Shogun Sport Warrior

Mitsubishi Outlander Warrior

Kia Sorento really special number plate K1 AUK miss spaced KIA UK

I did look at the new2014Mitsubishi Outlander but got the Q3 s-line insteadI do like the DRL and LED rear'sI am 48 andnever even been ina Audi before

·
Registered
33 Posts
Much to my surprise this morning I saw another grey Q3 near the RICOH Arena (former home of Coventry City, buts that's another story). After passing comment to the OH about the rare sighting we then saw a white version which I think is local.
Wishing we had speced heated seats, never needed them before, but joints are getting old.

SE TDI 177 Quattro Stronic Monsoon Grey, full paint/Grey leather
interior with walnut trim, folding passenger seat, Trias wheels, cruise, Drive select, Xenon
lights, front parking sensors, folding mirrors and advanced key.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts