Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to spike I now have two excellent boot side panels to replace my broken ones.
I want to stiffen up the gap where the weak point for the roller cover latches.
Suggestions for the best type of filler please. It will go in the gap in the 180 degree hockey stick right at the top centre of the photo of one of the replacements - this is the hidden side.
Air gun Trigger Wood Line Gun barrel

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts
I would have thought a a little metal plate bonded to the entire area would have been more effective that covering it with filler David?

Reactions: DavidS

·
Registered
248 Posts
You could do a belt and braces job and do both

Reactions: DavidS

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The gap needs filling John as the moulding is only about 2mm thick so the roller blind catch nib is totally unsupported, which is why it breaks so easily. It definitely needs packing out with filler as they break on the projection, not the main bit of moulding.

I was already thinking of gluing a plate as well to add string to the belt and braces.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Probably some sort of resin rather than a filler.

Try halfrauds for a glass fibre kit, could also use it to bond a metal plate in at the same time.

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha! I had just found it on Milliput’s website but it wasn’t the best presented product.
That seems the sort of thing. I just want a bit of comfort by filling it.

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
IMHO Milliput should be ideal. definitely go the belt and braces route though, and bond a metal plate over the lot having first filled the valley flush. As previously indicated, Milliput should do both bonding and filling.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ordered the Milliput. Thanks John and Gromit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts