Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little issue with my Q3 I hear an extrange noise under the pedals in all gears (s-tronic) all drive select modes but not when the engine its in parking...the sound its like a wisling vibration not loud but definitely present. the nois its noticeable when i press accelerator harder thats to say more than 50% and between the 2000 and the 3000 revolutions then noise disappear... Any aides?? help appreciated... thanks on advance.. My name its Fernando happy owner of a monsoon grey Q3 2.0TFSI.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i made a little more research on the noise, it since to be located towards the front center down part of the cabin but outside, may be quattro or stronic problem, its not that annoying but in 7th gear it makes it almost all the time 100mph i have such a good ear... i hate myself for that... another than that the car its the best car i own, wanted to ask you guys how does it compete with the evoque... any opinions on that???

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
Plenty. Just key "evoque" into the search box at the top of the page and you'll see. As previously mentioned on these hallowed portals, I came to Audi from Jaguar and my local JLR dealer tried very hard to sell me an Evoque. To me it's too big below the waistline and too small above it. It's also overpriced and the engines/transmissions are crude by Audi standards.

It always looks to me as if Clarkson & Co. from Top Gear have performed their favourite party trick of dropping a piano on it.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
They've slotted in a new 9 speeder auto and much improved engines to the Evoque but it still looks like it's trying just a wee bit too hard for me. I'm wondering however when Audi are going to change the 140 diesel to their newer 150 one in the A3. Or the 184 one even!
Perhaps they are leaving that for the facelift.

·
Registered
192 Posts
We have the same 4x4 system as the Range Evoque yet the audi £10k cheaper

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only thing they did to my car its to take a sample of the gearbox oil, no metal parts there, it makes a vibration whistling noise from 2000 to 3000 specially 2800 RPM, very bad service here im so furious... They just said i can't take that noise away y have made 800 miles with the car and the noise its present from day one... HELP

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anyone has any noise coming from the motor zone similar to air blowing near the center, i think it might be something gearbox related?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have precisely the same problem which occurs between 2300 rpm and 2800rpm.

It is a noise which sounds like a bit of a whistle (definitely not turbo related), or running water or a thin piece of paper vibrating.

I have not investigated it and was going to wait until the next service but I have just realised that the Q3 has a two year (or 30,000km) service interval so will need to look into it sooner.

I and Mrs JNRW find it **** annoying in a car which in all other respects is very refined. This post has saved me from entering the "Niggles" post

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We have the same problem please lets keep in touch whats the mileage on the q3?What did they tell you in the technical services, any solutions posible.... Again lets keep in touch.. Send me PM or in this thread..
Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe we could find a solution... lets not desperate, mine has 1500 miles, its between 2300 and 3000 exactly, sometimes more notorious does your do it very loud mine its not that loud... At the moment.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Have you guys googled audi or vw waste gate rattle? I had the clip installed on mine under warranty and it fixed the rattle noise issue, I have the petrol 155kw gti motor. Cheers

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
really interesting, can you be a little more specific on that, are you shure it was our noise? Tnanks in advance... i google it and i think you are right this its the post i found...

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20401Edited by: Mindstorms

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Audi Told me they are studing some sort of TPI stuff to fix it, havent got all the details keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Xssiiv, and all the people here at this excellent forum, The noise of my Q3 its a story of the past, im truly happy, juts installed the clip and my rattle nightmare since to be a story to tell. My compromise its to upload part number and TPI as soon as possible. Cheers!!!!

Edited by: Mindstorms

·
Registered
192 Posts
I found out the cure for this because the Golf has the same problem

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am very pleased that Mindstorms started this link and very grateful that others have come up with a workable solution. This is indeed a very good forum.

I have unfortunately deleted the PM Mindstorms sent me earlier and I wonder if the serial numbers could be better explained. This is because I will have to go to my Spanish Audi dealer/workshop and I want no reason for them to "mis-understand" either me or the problem.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the application of the TPI its simple remove the back cover, remove the cardan cover 3 screw i think install the clip near the turbo don't know where... this its the tricky part cause its far from the back of the car... Noise Gone...

Edited by: Mindstorms

1 - 20 of 20 Posts