Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread will hopefully start a solution to our Niggles rather than becoming a full on moan moan moan thread.On an A4 forum , not so long ago, someone did the same. It turned out to be one of the best threads to date. My intention is to start this and hopefully be as successful as its A4 forum predecessor.
The idea is, we state our niggles and hopefully someone will come up with a solution.... Simpelzzz...
My one and only niggle to date, is that the console for the power windows on the drivers door armrest, is set to far back.I find it a chore to operate the rear windows and mrs m0ikw (short legs/ fully forward), finds it impossible.
Please feel free to comment and your own little Niggles... hopefully, someone has the answer to your Niggle...
Regards, Gary/m0ikw...

Edited by: m0ikw

·
Registered
613 Posts
Nice thought Gary - my personal niggle is that strip of a parcel shelf that is supposed to stay atttached to the tailgate:

a) it keeps falling on me (despite Audi changing the fasteners and bending the arms to make a tighter fit)

b) Why couldn't it just have been made part of the standard parcel shelf?

·
Registered
192 Posts
No keyring

For the first in my car buyinghistory Audi never gave me a set of key rings

·
Registered
302 Posts
On my Renault, between the front seats, there was a tray (where the handbrake would be) which was very useful to put my handbag. There isn't a decent place for a handbag in the Q3 if you have a front seat passenger. Apart from that and my problems with the High Beam Assist, I haven't any niggles - unless you can count how long it is taking me to learn how to control the radio/Sat Nav/phone etc etc - just as well we are intending to keep the car for a long time .........

Edited by: Bambi

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Jules. Sorry to hear about your parcel shelf issues. I must admit the design seems to be a bit on the confusing side, not sure why they didn't go with a more conventional method. however, no such issues hear as yet, but i expect this to change with time and wear and tear.
I have just had a close look at mine and can clearly see what the problem is. The push on bung type connector with the thin plastic locators, is never going to stand the test of time, if the strip is removed on a regular basis.
A fix for now could involve the use of the self adhesive Velcro tape or patches which are available from Half**ds and the like. I have used these in the past for all sorts of applications with good results.maybe worth a try for the sake of a fiver...

Good luck Jules, lets hope Audi come up with something more permanent to this niggle which i am sure will affect more and more of us, as time goes by...

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
I have three tiny niggles (*******?)

1> I wish the power folding mirrors switch was independent of the ignition.

2> I wish I could turn the radio off (and have it stay off) but leave the MMI working.

3> I wish I could turn off the Auto. Stop/Start - permanently.

·
Registered
304 Posts
My niggles are : still awaiting arrival and having been loaned an A4 to soothe my ruffled feathers, finding I am completely invisible (got used to cheeky lorry drivers giving me a beep on the 2 hr commutes ?) ha ha!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Bambi said:
There isn't a decent place for a handbag in the Q3

I have not noticed that at all have you Gromit?

No place close like in other car to plug my satnav power cord in to.

I would hate to have replaceto fuse on the driver side fuse panel

Worry about parking it in case someone keys it or damage it

Edited by: puddy

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
puddy said:
Bambi said:

Oooooh - get you! You haven't noticed 'cos your handbag's not as big as mine.

Oddly enough, Mrs. G was whingeing about that very thing when we were flying-tree-dodging in the New Forest last month. From an 'elf'n'safety point of view it's a good thing to have it kept on the floor - in the event of an accident a handbag flying round the cabin would be a Very Bad Thing. Have you felt the weight of the average ladies handbag recently?

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have the storage pack - and it provides a nice "Curry Hook" (or handbag hook, for the ladies) in the front footwell next to the centre tunnel?

Parcel shelf nearly dropped on my head again this morning - I totally agree with m0ikw that the fixtures are too flimsy - and I don't even use/remove the shelf - it just keeps jettisoning itself!

I've only had the car 18 months, and the dealer has replaced the arms and the gromits - guess I'll just mention it again at the next service - 38k miles due in a month or so...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Gromit said:
I have three tiny niggles (*******?)

1> I wish the power folding mirrors switch was independent of the ignition.

2> I wish I could turn the radio off (and have it stay off) but leave the MMI working.

3> I wish I could turn off the Auto. Stop/Start - permanently.
My sentiments entirely.

·
Registered
227 Posts
One of the 2 hooks in the boot area for hanging shopping bags has lost its spring!!Audi didn't realise that when you don't have the spare wheel, the floor is too low to hang a bag which is not supported by the floor!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Morse Man - the springs on my boot hooks lost their spring, and Audi just replaced them (after an appropriate wait for Brown-coloured ones to match the boot..

·
Registered
192 Posts
Gromit said:
puddy said:
Bambi said:

Oooooh - get you! You haven't noticed 'cos your handbag's not as big as mine.
Have you felt the weight of the average ladies handbag recently?

Mrs said its heavy because she go my satnav in it

Have you noticedladies always take forever to find the house or cars keys in their bags

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
That's normally because they have a handbag large enough to double as an air raid shelter and carry everything from three months' worth of assorted cosmetics to half a brick in them. Allegedly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lights on?
This applies to most Audi cars, when the headlights are on dipped no warning light in front of you. I know the switch is illuminated but this is hidden by your hand on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
5k miles in, and niggles so far:
1/ No foot rest for right foot when using cruise. The inner wheel arch of the S3 was at exactly the same level as the accelerator pedal, so made a perfect foot rest for when on long motorway stretches. I miss that!2/ Uncomfortable front seats!3/ Over-revving s-tronic box in 2nd and occasionally 3rd when coming out of junctions, roundabouts etc.
Otherwise all good...
PS For those of you who 'swing both ways', like to 'tune the meat whistle' etc but might want to hide it, there are things called 'man bags' apparently ;-)
TTFN

·
Registered
302 Posts
Slim47 said:
5k miles in, and niggles so far:

2/ Uncomfortable front seats!

Really ? Don't you have the sports seats in your S Line ? We paid forleather sports seats (sports seats didn't come as standard in the SE) and absolutely love them - SO comfortable

We haven't experienced any over-revving with the S Tronic so far.

Edited by: Bambi

1 - 20 of 47 Posts