Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, newbie here.
Got a Q3 black edition on order, hopefully with me in July. Not new to the 4 rings, 2x TT an S3 and currently running an A6 estate.

·
Super Moderator
2,559 Posts
Welcome to the club, what kind of delivery date have you been advised to expect?

·
Super Moderator
6,025 Posts
Hi, welcome to the club! Let us know when it hits the deck, some pics would be good too.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Welcome to the gang. Please let know what spec you have gone for.

·
Super Moderator
2,559 Posts
Ordered end of March, hopefully in my garage in July.
Mmmm, you might want to check back with the dealer there Mark, the typical 12 week lead time for a new Audi is being extended, often doubled because of a global shortage of microchips. Article here in the FT: Subscribe to a slice of the FT | Financial Times

Some would be purchasers on discovering the real position have asked their dealer to look at the availability of stock cars in the network as a result.

·
Registered
Q3 Sportback 45 tfsi Vorsprung
10 Posts
Mmmm, you might want to check back with the dealer there Mark, the typical 12 week lead time for a new Audi is being extended, often doubled because of a global shortage of microchips. Article here in the FT: Subscribe to a slice of the FT | Financial Times

Some would be purchasers on discovering the real position have asked their dealer to look at the availability of stock cars in the network as a result.
Unfortunately I agree with John. Ordered mine late Oct 20, initially got quoted Feb, but in Feb confirmed as Sept build - would have been nearly a year from order to pick up! Got a stock car instead with the only difference being colour.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi and another welcome
I am also waiting, ordered after Christmas delivery date is late April 🤞 the sales guy emailed me on Wednesday and said it was in the compound nearest the port so should be on the next ship, hope it’s not BS I won’t be impressed if it is.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I would check with the dealer. End of March order with end of July delivery is not impossible, about 17 weeks. I agree about the global chip shortage but we don't know what Audi have done to try and alleviate this. I assume that your order is for a new Q3 not a stock or ex-demo Q3.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome !
yes, unfortunately I agree with all here.
i wanted to order my Q3 mid March but the dealership said it would be delivered before at least October. That’s how I decided to go for an ex-director car. Actually much better than the one I was about to order.
I suggest you to ask your dealership to find you a similar Et-director’s car. 👍🏻
2 weeks later and I got mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmmm, that's interesting reading. Think I'll be getting in touch with the dealership.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hmmmm, that's interesting reading. Think I'll be getting in touch with the dealership.
Be sure to let us know how you get on? I don’t see how I could go down the road of finding an alternative car already built without loosing my deposit as my contract clearly says end of April the sales guy thought it may be the middle of April so we shall see.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Be sure to let us know how you get on? I don’t see how I could go down the road of finding an alternative car already built without loosing my deposit as my contract clearly says end of April the sales guy thought it may be the middle of April so we shall see.
Yeah for you it’s a different story. You probably will get it sooner than later. 😊👍🏻🤞🏻

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have spoken the the dealer this morning.
He said I might get it before July, but the car still doesn't have a build week, really ??!!
Cars were massively delayed due to a world wide shortage of microchips, but cars are now being built.
He is supposedly making some phone calls to find out why my car has no build week, and is going to ring me back next week.
I won't be holding my breath !!!
But, I will be ringing him if I don't here from him.

·
Registered
251 Posts
It can be a frustrating time waiting for a new car. I know, my wife placed an order on 12Feb for a GOLF 8 R, and there is no indication as to when it will appear. It seems to me that VAG only release the intended build week to the customer 4 weeks before the bw, but that could move. There is nothing that you or your dealer can do to extract a definite date from the VAG system. After the car has been built it can take on average 4 more weeks to reach the dealer. Just cool your jets and don't hassle your stealer, anticipation is part of the scene, you will enjoy it even more.

Cheers,

Mike

·
Super Moderator
2,559 Posts
There is a point, typically about 4 weeks after the order is placed with dealer where the order is 'locked' and no further changes can be made and with this comes the confirmation of the build week. If there are component shortages that effect your order then no build week is confirmed.

Mark F - did we check your specification - you have a Comfort and Sound Pack I trust?

Reactions: Menace

·
Registered
936 Posts
John is correct. About 4 weeks after placement of order with the dealer then Audi allocate a build week dependant on a number of factors including availability of bits. The Q3 is built in Gyor, Hungary, shipped by train to Emden in North Germany then shipped to both North England and South England. The total elapsed time from factory to dealer can be up to 4 weeks. The train and ship don't move until they are fairly full. Once it lands in the UK then there could be a further wait of a few days while they fill up the car transporter for your area. The dealer PDI does not take long, if you want them to remove any badges then ask for it to be done then, also ask for a double sided boot mat FOC. If you don't ask you don't get. In 37 years of Audi ownership I am used to waiting. My first three UR Quattro's each took six months and they were built in Ingolstadt. Please could you let us know your full specification.

Reactions: Menace

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As requested, the spec I've ordered.....
40 black edition
Turbo blue. 19" 5 arm trapezoid wheels.
Comfort + sound pack
Space saver wheel
Interior elements alcantara grey
Ambient lighting pack
Rear luggage shell.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts