Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just joined because my wife and I have just changed our A3 sportback for a Q3
2 wheel drive 140 tdi sline, daytona grey pearl, with comfort pack, privacy glass and 19 1nch wheels, regarding wheels im not used to having a car without a spare , (but i do like the extra boot space) but didn't fancy putting that gunk in the tyre if i got a punture because i dont think they would repair with that stuff in, at at about £240 a pop, thought it may be a bit expensive for a puncture so i bought a small 12v inflater and a puncture repair kit cost about £25, I have tried it out on another tyre I had and it worked a treat. I would like to say though it would only be a temp repair until repaired properly at a garage
Would also like to add we've just been to France in it will post again to say how that went
Cheers steveb

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi SteveSo how are you finding the Q3? I pick mine up on sunday, similar spec to yours but Monsoon Grey, although think they are very similar?!?!?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi deb960
I love it really nice to drive I like the elevated position, bet you can't wait until sunday and take it for a nice long drive let me know what you think

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am loving this site already, it's keeping me sane while I impatiently wait for my November(?) delivery. I've been informed that its down to be built in Week 40, does anyone know how long afterwards I can realistically expect to be driving it? The deliveries appear to be fairly random. Also, does anyone know if the cars are sent from the Spanish factory to Germany before coming to the UK, which I have been told? It seems a complete waste of time and energy if that proves to be true!
Edited by: Biggles54

·
Super Moderator
6,208 Posts
Hi Biggles (or should that be Tally-ho!?) and welcome to the forum!

From my experience and others that have posted details, there's about a four to five week wait from build week to delivery. Yes, the route from Spain to the UK is via Germany but that's simply where the ship is routed - I believe cars bound for the UK stay onboard whilst others bound for Europe are unloaded and those from Germany bound for the UK are loaded.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks Gromit, it's such a pain waiting for weeks and weeks, every new car I've ever previously had was a week or two at the most, so this wait is agony. However when I have the car this wait will all be a distant memory and will pale into insignificance. How are you finding your Q3? In this intervening waiting period I find myself wondering if I've made the right choice. I would appreciate some reviews of Q3 experiences.

·
Super Moderator
6,208 Posts
Have a look through the forum, you'll find quite a few reviews. For me, my Q3 is absolutely ideal and a joy to drive. My previous cars include Jaguars and SAABs, but this is far better even than the Jaguar which I loved to pieces and had for 7 years.

I find the ride and handling remarkable - far better than I would expect a crossover 4x4 to handle - the performance impressive and the comfort level high. The upright driving position is exceptionally comfortable for long (160 mile) journeys and the build and finish quality is superb. It is surprisingly cheap to run, too.

Manoeuvring and parking in tight spaces is very easy, as all-round visibility is excellent. The park-assist and parking-plus toys are useful but not vital as it is easy enough to manage without them. The luggage compartment is cavernous (no spare, but hey...) even compared to my last (estate) car.

Altogether I find it difficult to fault and I think you'll love it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
steveb said:
Hi just joined because my wife and I have just changed our A3 sportback for a Q3
2 wheel drive 140 tdi sline, daytona grey pearl, with comfort pack, privacy glass and 19 1nch wheels, regarding wheels im not used to having a car without a spare
Cheers steveb
All MY2014 should have a space saver spare wheel they also should have a DAB radio but all cars that have the 3G maps are getting them but 2d sat nav and those with a nav wont.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Ah yes, the pre-delivery wait... We've mostly all been there!
The FWD Q3 is a very accomplished vehicle - Like Gromit, I've owned a wide range of saloons/estates/MPVs/convertibles etc, but the Q3 is one of those cars that makes no journey a pain....
I've done 30k miles in mine - in just over a year, and I've never had any moment of doubt, never faced a long journey and thought "not looking forward to this drive". It really is that nice, that comforting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jules, you diamond , thanks for the positive words, it is really appreciated. It looks fabulous. One exactly like the one I've ordered came into my rear view mirror and I had to pull over to let it pass to get a better look. How sad am I getting?

·
Registered
20 Posts
You're not the only one who's " sad " Biggles . I saw a Misano Red Q3 Sline just like the one i'm waiting for in the car park at Nottinghams biggest hospital and drove all the way round the one way system to have another look.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Gromit said:
Hi Biggles (or should that be Tally-ho!?) and welcome to the forum!

From my experience and others that have posted details, there's about a four to five week wait from build week to delivery. Yes, the route from Spain to the UK is via Germany but that's simply where the ship is routed - I believe cars bound for the UK stay onboard whilst others bound for Europe are unloaded and those from Germany bound for the UK are loaded.
The Q3 come from spain and are shipped direct from the Seat factory to Tyneside and they are pdi and sent out to dealerseddie stobarts have a contract with VAG take 5 days before being sent to dealers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The RoRo carriercalls in atSheernessfirst to unloadQ3s forsouthernAudi dealers before sailing to Tyneside. From port to dealer can be just a couple of days depending on transporter availability andloading.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts