Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm looking to replace my Tiguan with a Q3. Looking at a 2.0 TDI 140 with DSG (probably). Undecided on SE or S-Line at the moment. Must haves - sunroof, cruise, parking sensors, heated seats, hill hold.
Any views welcome on any other options I should consider. Thinking about folding mirrors and maybe drive select - has anyone got it and do they use it?

Phil

·
Super Moderator
6,208 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Storage pack would be useful - the cabin's a bit short on storage otherwise.

LED interior light pack - not vital but extremely cool!

I dunno about hill assist though - with an electromechanical auto-release handbrake you really don't need it. I'd save the money there if I were you.

Don't forget SAT/NAV isn't standard - although it's prefitted you need to cough up for an SD card and to get it activated.

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiGo for the S Line if you want the lights, 18" wheels and sports seats.I love my sunroof, thoughyou have to have the LED light pack with the sunroof, but it does add a nice ambience to the interior, folding mirrors are worth getting but I wouldn't waste money on the Hill Hold.If you like your music consider the Audi Sound System instead of drive select.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Gromit.
I thought about the storage pack and the through load facility.
You have to have the LED interior lights with the sunroof for some reason.
I have the auto hold on the Tiguan at the moment so I'm used to it.
Not too fussed about the Satnav as I have my Tomtom if I'm going somewhere strange.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Del said:
HiGo for the S Line if you want the lights, 18" wheels and sports seats.I love my sunroof, though you have to have the LED light pack with the sunroof, but it does add a nice ambience to the interior, folding mirrors are worth getting but I wouldn't waste money on the Hill Hold.If you like your music consider the Audi Sound System instead of drive select.
Thanks Del

I need to see what the ride is like on the S-line. I had an S-Line A4 which I didn't find too hard. After this summer I definitely would have the sunroof - even in the winter the extra light is great.
I'm used to the hill hold and find it great but never trusted the hill descent function on the Tiguan.
The drive select sounds good in theory but I would probably end up leaving it in auto mode, so will probably give it a miss.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Royleblue said:
Del said:
HiGo for the S Line if you want the lights, 18" wheels and sports seats.I love my sunroof, thoughyou have to have the LED light pack with the sunroof, but it does add a nice ambience to the interior, folding mirrors are worth getting but I wouldn't waste money on the Hill Hold.If you like your music consider the Audi Sound System instead of drive select.
Thanks Del

I need to see what the ride is like on the S-line. I had an S-Line A4 which I didn't find too hard. After this summer I definitely would have the sunroof - even in the winter the extra light is great.
I'm used to the hill hold and find it great but never trusted the hill descent function on the Tiguan.
The drive select sounds good in theory but I would probably end up leaving it in auto mode, so will probably give it a miss.
On the Q3 the SE and S Line have the same suspension its just the wheels that are different.I find the ride in my S Line has just the balance.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Del said:
On the Q3 the SE and S Line have the same suspension its just the wheels that are different.I find the ride in my S Line has just the balance.
You can have sport suspension fitted free on the s-line it lowers the car by 20mm

Edited by: puddy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Royleblue said:
Thanks Gromit.
I thought about the storage pack and the through load facility.
You have to have the LED interior lights with the sunroof for some reason.
I have the auto hold on the Tiguan at the moment so I'm used to it.
Not too fussed about the Satnav as I have my Tomtom if I'm going somewhere strange.

Wish I had had the storage pack.

Pete (Looking west towards Steep Holm)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Called into Teesside Audi today to get some figures sorted. Showroom was heaving as usual. They offered a reasonable p/x for my Tiguan but I'm sure they can do better. They didn't have a DSG to test drive (they had just sold the demonstrator) but will let me have one for the day when they get one. The Sales Manager reckons I need to order this month to make sure it is here for March 1st.
Just need to decide on trim and options now. Decisions, decisions.

·
Super Moderator
6,208 Posts
I think the sales manager is indulging in a little testicular ventriloquism* to boost his order take for this month - 5 months is a tad over the top for a delivery time, I'd have thought. Don't be rushed.

* Talking bollocks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
</font>I think the dealer
could be right. Seat loose a month
production for xmas. </font></font>

</font></font>

</font>The dealer making
sure the car will be ready for 1</font><sup>st</font></sup> March.
I ordered my Q3 on 31</font><sup>st</font></sup>
May for 1st Sept</font></font>

</font>
Edited by: puddy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gromit said:
I think the sales manager is indulging in a little testicular ventriloquism* to boost his order take for this month - 5 months is a tad over the top for a delivery time, I'd have thought.  Don't be rushed.

* Talking bollocks.
That was my thought too Gromit. I think he panicked a bit when the wife said we had been recommended to try Harrogate Audi by a relative (this was also a bit of testicular ventriloquism but she is an estate agent
)
I just gave Harrogate Audi a call to see if they had a DSG demonstrator (they haven't) but she said I should get my order in sooner rather than later so you may be right Puddy.
Might take a drive down there later to see how their p/x compares.
To be honest I'd rather be certain the Q3 will be waiting for me in March than worrying that the Tig has to go back before it arrives.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just back from Harrogate. Basically they agree with Gromit's view. They said if I placed an order now the car would be delivered in December and I wouldn't get a good deal as they have had a busy September. They said I should wait till December / January when they are not busy and I can get a good deal out of them (their words). Plus this year Audi offered contribution to the finance on the Q3 in the first quarter which may be repeated.
I'm more confused than ever now on which model to go for as they had a rather nice Cobalt Blue S-Line in the showroom with half leather trim.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts