Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
Have just taken delivery of a 13 plate Q3 for my wife. It's a Sline Stronic Quattro. So far, the wife loves it but she has a couple of questions whidh I can't seem to find answers to in the manual.
- my wife has a dog and very occasionally she needs to lock the car with the dog in it. Is it possible to lock the car without activating the internal movement alarm?
- she is concerned that she might accidentally activate manual mode by pulling on one of the paddles behind the steering wheel instead of the indicator or wiper stalk. I know that this is unlikely but if she does, how does she quickly return to D? She will never drive using the paddles...
Hope that all makes sense!

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,755 Posts
Trando said:
Hi all.
Have just taken delivery of a 13 plate Q3 for my wife. It's a Sline Stronic Quattro. So far, the wife loves it but she has a couple of questions whidh I can't seem to find answers to in the manual.
- my wife has a dog and very occasionally she needs to lock the car with the dog in it. Is it possible to lock the car without activating the internal movement alarm?
YES, i'm not sure about the Q3 but in my (drivers door pocket?) ther is a switch to de-activate the inner alarm.</font>

- she is concerned that she might accidentally activate manual mode by pulling on one of the paddles behind the steering wheel instead of the indicator or wiper stalk. I know that this is unlikely but if she does, how does she quickly return to D? She will never drive using the paddles...
Sorry, not familiar with that</font>

Hope that all makes sense!

Thanks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi there is a button on the drivers door above the red reflector to turn off the motion senser

And if you hold the right hand paddle for a couple of seconds it goes back to D

·
Registered
113 Posts
You can also move the gear selector over to the left (manual mode) then back to the middle, which will put it back into auto mode.

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiI think double clicking the lock button on key fob de-activates the internal sensors.

·
Registered
137 Posts
They go back to D (from M) within seconds of not using, without having to push or pull anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts