Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all!
I'm about to purchase a Q3 here in the Netherlands :)
I have a couple of questions:1- I'd like to add the bose sound system option AND the spare wheel. I'm not sure if the two options are compatible, as the bose subwoofer would go in the wheel well in the trunk... I emailed the dealer but (also due tolanguagebarriers I think) I'm not sure I understood the answer...
2- I'm not surewhether to add the xenon lights option. Right now I drive a 1989 jeep wrangler
so I have no idea if they are worth the price. Opinions?
3- are the rear airbags a problem when travelling with a child seat in the rear? It's probably a dumb question, but I'm a total newbie when it comes to airbags (and children).
Thanks!Marcello

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi,Welcome to the site
1/Sorry - I'm not sure about option 1. The sub-woofer does go below the luggage compartment floor though and you can only get the space saver wheelin combination with the reversible luggagecompartment floor.
2/Do you do a lot of night time driving? If you do then Xenons will make a massive difference to you and are worth the extra if you can stretch the budget.
3/Rear side air bags are an option I think? I know the front airbag can be turned off if you are thinking of putting a child seat in the front.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got the audi sound system with sub-woofer upgrade and full tech pack - was going to buy a space saver but on receiving my q3 realised that a round balck box of electronics/sub takes up the space for the spare wheel so not an option.

Incidentally, Imanaged to drive over a nail within a week ofmy Q3 turning up so ended up calling out Audi brake-down service to do a temporary repair at the roadside (apparently using the supplied tyre mobility system means that a permenant repair is impossible??). Have had to get thetyre replaced today as tyre wall damaged beyond repair anyway. Spare wheel wouldn't have helped in this situation but wondering if I should have got the tyre pressure sensor option so I could havenoticed the puncture sooner.Edited by: hipman

·
Registered
518 Posts
Can I please clarify something here, as I have just ordered a Q3 with the Audi sound system (not Bose) and the space saving spare wheel (as well as the Technology package which includes the MMI Navigation Plus)? Are you saying you cannot have both these options, as they use the same space in the floor?

·
Registered
188 Posts
We never got an official answer so to speak on the sub-woofer / spare wheel issue. All we know for sure is the sub is in the boot floor as is the spare wheel. It could be that they sit side by side.. Would be worth a double check with your dealer if a spare is important to you.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hipman, I'm not sure how the Audi system works but the BMW one I had had to be a sudden loss of air for it to trigger, slow punctures were never picked up

·
Registered
518 Posts
Thanks Dan. The spare is not that important, though the reason for wanting it is simply that I have my doubtson the whole tyre sealant concept. Am I just being old fashioned, or are there limitations using tyre sealant?

·
Registered
563 Posts
According to the manual the spare wheel and sub-woofer are compatible, if you configure a Q3 on the Audi web site it will allow you to have the spare wheel and sub-woofer, as far as I know the Audi configurator will not allow items that are not compatible.

When I placed my order my salesman told me off the top of his head that this combination is not available. I'm really not happy with the situation, from what I've read you cannot get a tyre repaired after sealant has been used and if the damage is too big for the sealant to work, you are left stranded, waiting Audi assistance and youwill then have to pay whateverthey decide to charge for a new tyre.

·
Registered
188 Posts
From what I understand you are right that they wont repair a tyre if sealant has been used. My local tyre place alsorecommendedcarrying a couple of tins of it too as sometimes one is not enough to fully inflate a tyre.

·
Registered
563 Posts
That's why I'll be much happier caring a spare, the sealant option could work out very expensive and time consuming.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Thanks for the info. I had a feeling therre was something iffy about the sealant route, and I now recall that basically a tyre becomes irrepairable once sealant has been used. My order has been accpted with both the subwoofer and the spare tyre, so hopefully all should be ok.Ifa choice became necessary, I would rather live without the sub than the spare wheel.

·
Registered
563 Posts
An Audi Customer Relations Manager has been in touch with me and my problem has been brought to a satisfactory conclusion
The space saver wheel and sub woofer are compatible, what I would say is if your salesperson tells you anything different politely ask them to put the configuration through the system.
Edited by: Del

·
Registered
518 Posts
Thanks for that. Makes sense.

·
Registered
563 Posts
My boot now has a space saver wheel and sub woofer from the Audi Sound System (or ASS as they call it over on the A1 forum
) so it deffo is compatible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts