Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, newbie here from Ontario Canada.
I've owned VW and Audi products for over 30 years now and just recently flipped my
2016 VW R form a 2020 Q3 as I wanted to try going to an SUV style vehicle without
giving up comfort, sportiness and ease of getting around in the city. The Golf was great
and the Q3 seemed to fit that bill as well. I have to be honest though.... if a new MK8 Golf
R was available I probably would have gotten one of those but I suspect we likely wont see
that here in Canada until 2023 or so. Anyhow I got the Q3 and I have to say so far I'm very
happy with it. Looking forward to some modifications and reading some interesting articles
on here.
Cheers
Heiko

·
Registered
631 Posts
Welcome from sunny south east England.
We were touring Ontario and Quebec last September...if you drive in Toronto every day, I salute you. Too manic for me nowadays.

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
Hi, welcome to the club! (y)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome from sunny south east England.
We were touring Ontario and Quebec last September...if you drive in Toronto every day, I salute you. Too manic for me nowadays.
I'm about an hour West of Toronto (Guelph, ON) - I try to stay away from Toronto and very rarely have to go through there.... I agree its crazy! :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome. I drove in Toronto about 10 years ago,on route to Niagara Falls,didn’t find it too bad to be honest. New York,LA & surprisingly Atlanta,now they are some intense places I’ve driven. 😳

·
Registered
631 Posts
The Queen Elizabeth Way at 5.00pm after a long flight and the inevitable rental car pick up hassle was a pain, only alleviated by the outside lane being for two or more in a car. That was brilliant.
We came back in south on the 27 from Nobleton and the traffic, huge stroppy trucks, massive roadworks and lack of signage were horrendous - and I’ve ridden a motorbike in India. Add in a 10 second bluetooth delay on Google Maps and we were missing every junction. We got the car back with 5 minutes left on the agreement time and no idea if we were really flying home as it was a BA strike day.
We still love Canada though. (that is not a creep, we mean it) but it has got hellishly expensive for holidaying Brits.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Queen Elizabeth Way at 5.00pm after a long flight and the inevitable rental car pick up hassle was a pain, only alleviated by the outside lane being for two or more in a car. That was brilliant.
We came back in south on the 27 from Nobleton and the traffic, huge stroppy trucks, massive roadworks and lack of signage were horrendous - and I’ve ridden a motorbike in India. Add in a 10 second bluetooth delay on Google Maps and we were missing every junction. We got the car back with 5 minutes left on the agreement time and no idea if we were really flying home as it was a BA strike day.
We still love Canada though. (that is not a creep, we mean it) but it has got hellishly expensive for holidaying Brits.
I hear you.... I'm originally from Frankfurt Germany and I think its expensive there... but Canada isn't cheap anymore that is for sure. I guess travelling the US would be more costly but just imagine after all this COVID-19 stuff is over how expensive things are going to get :-(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts