Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm another newbie here and can't decide on the extras i want either.

I would be really grateful if someone could answer the following questions.

1. Anyone know what the lights look like if no xenon's are chosen?
Are they just bog standard lights like on my A3?

2. Does anyone know what the boot capacity reduces to when the spare wheel is chosen?

3. Are the quoted MPG figures obtained with the use of Audi drive select efficiency mode?
Does anyone have drive select? Is it worth it and do you need to have damper control also?

4. Once you get the Audi SatNav. Do you get free map updates?

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by: borofoga

·
Registered
518 Posts
My thoughts as follows.

1 I believe the standard lights include normal daytime running lights, but not the sexy light strip. I have spec'd the Xenon pack, in part because they look good, but also because of the LED interior light pack (which is great), and the fact that the package also includes headlight washers and adaptive headlights.

2 Basically, with the spare wheel, the boot floor is raised about 8-10cm, so that it is more or less flush with the loading sill. So you lose about 80 litres

3 I wouldn't have thought that the quoted mpg figures are based on the inclusion of Drive Select, which is an option. I have spec'd drive select, because I like the concept and I am a bit of a technophobe. Having said that, I am not convinced how much the quoted mpg figures (on any car, not just Audi) bear to reality. I recently had a loan A1 Tdi for the day (as a service loan car) and over the course of 150 miles (some town, some motorway, but generally fairly gentle on the throttle) I averaged about 50mpg, compared with a quoted 74.3mpg for the combined cycle!!!

4 I would say no free updates are provided. I have an A2 and an A4, both with nav, and I have never been offered updates. I once asked about them, and was told they need to be paid for. As far as I know, this applies to all car manufacturers, and there is a healthy aftermarket from the mapping suppliers (Teleatlas etc) who sell updated maps.

Hope this is accurate!, and that it helps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ever so much for clarifying things.

I definitely want Xenons so bring on Saturday when Docklands Audi have a Q3 launch in order to decide if i want an SE or S-Line

1 - 3 of 3 Posts