·
Registered
Q3 Black Edition 2017 2.0 Diesel Auto 184bhp
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Great to join the Q3 club. cheers

I'm in the market for a used Q3 black edition 2.0 diesel (184) Circa 2017
I've been looking for a few weeks now and have test driven one and I now am comitted to owning one.
Had some disspointing expieriences with ( Audi main dealers ) part exchanging my BMW Alpina as not many people know or understand what an Alpina is, so will not entertain part ex at all.
Now had to realise I'll need to sell it privately and buy the Q3 outright upfront.
From my expierience with Alpina and Subaru Impreza ownership these forums are invaluable sources of information regarding ownership.

I hope to make an offer tomorrow and join you guys as an owner.
Fingers crossed.

KZXR

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow is there a spell check ?
I look illeterate :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
537 Posts
Welcome on board mate, I love the look on the black editions so it's a great choice 👍
What Alpina did/have you got, any pictures?
I was tempted by the Alpina XD3, I even made a few enquiries but the one I was really tempted with had sold.
I like the exclusivity of them although sometimes the styling in and out is a little awkward!

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Welcome to the club!

I'm not sure if I'm illiterate or not - I certainly can't spell it... :unsure:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Hi and welcome.

I’m pretty good with words but rubbish at typing and proof reading my own stuff.

All the best with the search.

·
Registered
537 Posts
My eyes are shot now at reading, the last 3 years I've really noticed a change. Coupled with typing on a phone keypad with my thumbs it's usually complete gobbledygook that comes out lol

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Welcome to the club Ju! I've been spending a fortune for years on top-range all-singing all-dancing lightweight specs to ensure I can see well enough. Comes to us all mate. ;)

Reactions: -Ju-

·
Registered
537 Posts
Distance is completely fine just reading.
I have glasses for that I just never have them with me.
Joys of getting older lol

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Joys? What joys? Well, apart from not having to work anymore, free prescriptions and the offer of a bus pass... (shudder)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I have about 8 pairs of Poundland £1 reading glasses dotted around the house and in each car so they are always to hand.
I have a pair of Specsavers varifocals but I hate them even more than the bifocals I tried. Stairs are close to lethal.
I have a flat folding pair of reading glasses for ‘going out’ and five pairs of cheapo distance glasses in each car and fir the bike plus a couple in the house. Generally I don’t use them apart from tv with any sort of captioning or fine detail.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome on board mate, I love the look on the black editions so it's a great choice 👍
What Alpina did/have you got, any pictures?
I was tempted by the Alpina XD3, I even made a few enquiries but the one I was really tempted with had sold.
I like the exclusivity of them although sometimes the styling in and out is a little awkward!

I was very interested in an XD3 however way out of my price range I'm afraid.

Mine below

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome to the club. The Black Editions are a good choice, my opinion is very biased

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I collected the car today, great customer service from the dealer.
Drove about 100miles home and found the drive effortless and as my first owned auto....very easy to get used to.

I do like the black edition trim as it gives the car a nicer look. Sound system packs a quality punch.
Will upload pics shortly.

( edited for useless spelling )

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Great to hear, we'll look forward to seeing them!

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Great picture and a fab Q3 - enjoy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Out for a drive through the Gower Peninsulla. North shore by the salt marshes. Moody sky.
Spent a few hours drivng with the wife and introducing the teenage son (18) to 80's sounds via the Bose system, good memorable times.

Finding the whole driving expierience enjoyable and effortless.

Only change I fancy is replacing the chrome audi badges with black badges and I'd have though Audi would have added a specific " black edition " badge. Would have been a nice finishing touch.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I had Bose in an old 8P S3 and didn't think that much to it back then. The old saying "no highs, no lows it must be bose" was very true.
Since then I've had B&O in 2 Audis which were better.....the Bose in the Q3 is better than all of them and looks great too with the lighting accent around the front speakers!
Car looks great in black edition spec 👍

1 - 20 of 21 Posts