Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
Welcome!

So what did you add to your Sport Edition order?

·
Registered
2021 RSQ3 Sportback Sport Edition, Daytona Grey, C&S pack, red calipers.
67 Posts
Nice to see a white one, only seen one in the flesh.

Certainly quieter than your pfl RS3, any plans for it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome!

So what did you add to your Sport Edition order?
Thank you !

I’ve ordered Nardo with C&S, RS Sport Suspension plus, Red brake callipers & black/red stitching - more of a throwback to my RS3 design.

Nice to see a white one, only seen one in the flesh.

Certainly quieter than your pfl RS3, any plans for it?
The colour has grown on me, have never owned a white car previously- the glacier white has a nice shine to it.

Yeah noise is the big difference, the PFL RS3 was IMO borderline antisocial, especially with the CETE valve controller fitted + factory pops and bangs. I certainly don’t want anything as loud as that again.

Once the new one arrives, Factory Sports Exhaust + CETE controller hopefully provides a nice increase over this one, I do worry it will never have the full depth/character of the 5-pot with the OPF fitted , but I’d really like to avoid going anywhere near the OPF for various reasons

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome!! The colour ends up growing in you by the day. The CETE will certainly make a difference to the sound in any other mode that is not Dynamic/RS1/2. I like the flexibility it gives with the flap and killing for once the SSA.

Reactions: RS_Ben

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome!! The colour ends up growing in you by the day. The CETE will certainly make a difference to the sound in any other mode that is not Dynamic/RS1/2. I like the flexibility it gives with the flap and killing for once the SSA.
Are you saying the CETE doesn’t make any difference in Dynamic, RS1/2?

Had one fitted to my OPF RS3 and definitely helped in Dynamic by fully opening the valves whereas normally they’re still partially closed when stationary and low revs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you saying the CETE doesn’t make any difference in Dynamic, RS1/2?

Had one fitted to my OPF RS3 and definitely helped in Dynamic by fully opening the valves whereas normally they’re still partially closed when stationary and low revs.
IIRC on my PFL RS3 values were open in Dynamic at all times in 1st Gear, then 3.5-4k RPM+ in 2nd-7th - hoping the CETE will do something in Dynamic/RS1/RS2 on the RSQ3

·
Registered
67 Posts
IIRC on my PFL RS3 values were open in Dynamic at all times in 1st Gear, then 3.5-4k RPM+ in 2nd-7th - hoping the CETE will do something in Dynamic/RS1/RS2 on the RSQ3
Valves definitely not fully open on the FL OPF RS3, CETE controller improved sound at idle and low revs as fully opened the valves as normally partially closed until 3-4k revs when moving as far as I remember.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would need to deactivate it to check if they are fully open, I believe they are in these modes.

Cete will help keeping valves open regardless of rpm, definitely great sound in lower revs.

·
Premium Member
2021 Audi RSQ3 Sport Edition
4 Posts
Congrats on the car @RS_Ben! I have an ExValve controller on mine. Much cheaper and performs the same options as the CETE off the top of my head. You won't get anywhere near close to the proper 5 pot sound without removing the OPF.

I am currently Stage 1 OEM+ and we're working on Stage 1+ and then Stage 2 where the OPFs will be removed and replaced with a sports cat. You get a bit of extra noise with the valves open however it's not anything like the proper 5 pot noise you will have been used to. I had a Stage 2 RS3 FL (pre-opf) which I really miss the sound of but just need to wait until we get through the different development stages with the software and I'll have it back soon enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts