Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

Should the next batch of Q3OC stickers be:

• Changed to adhesive-backed,

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quietly forgotten about due to lack of interest?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to order a new print-run very soon and need your opinions, from both existing and prospective sticker-owners, in the next week or two.

Which way d'you think we should go on this?

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
OK............why can I not participate in the Poll?
I feel it might be a Russian rigged voting system!

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just tested by casting my vote and it worked OK. Are you logged in?

FYI, the existing stickers have been on my windows for 3 years plus and are still sticking like sh*t to a blanket, so no need to change IMHO.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I can't vote on it either. Gotta be logged in to be able to post.

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suspect some devices (iDevices?) may not be capable of handling the poll facility. Windows PCs, Macs and Linux boxes should be fine, iPhones, iPads etc. probably won't be (no change there then...). Android devices should be OK but I can't test this as I've already voted.

If you haven't got access to a device that works the poll just leave a comment in the other thread.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Definitely logged in........obviously.........posting here
and the device is my main Win10 computer, super dooper iMac eater

Maybe it's the Google browser?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm also logged in and it says I can't vote in this poll

·
Registered
738 Posts
I'm also logged in on my PC using Win10 and Google and it says I can't vote either.

As opposed to Gromit, the 2 that I purchased have come completely away from my windscreen over the past year (and won't re-attach) so for me, I'd prefer to go to adhesive backed.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I can't vote either, but I don't need to as my original sticker is still in place.

If anything I'd vote for a redesign as a clear sticker with just the Q3 outline and wording in black/red, I know it wouldn't show up very well but the current ones with a white background remind me of a business card, sorry

·
Registered
71 Posts
Logged in, can't vote. Go for a re-run. Mine still in place and will transfer to the new Q3 when it arrives.

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, I give up. FYI I'm using Windows 10 and Firefox but have also tried it on Linux Mint 17 and 18 Cinnamon also with Firefox, all with no problems. I suspect the poll facility is buggy.

Lodge your votes either in the comments or in the other thread and I'll tally them up later.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I blame the staff....................

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Go for the same I reckon.........

·
Registered
410 Posts
darkmatter said:
If anything I'd vote for a redesign as a clear sticker with just the Q3 outline and wording in black/red, I know it wouldn't show up very well
Uh oh, that's what I thought I was buying before and why I ended up eventually buying 5 (Gromit was very patient and understanding
)
Anyway, once I realised the white "backing" wasn't meant to come off (which was really difficult to do - Doh!) No.5 has been above the rear wiper for over 6 months now and the HRW has not been a problem.
TBH I don't dislike the white backing now so my vote (which I can't) goes for more of the same.

·
Registered
630 Posts
The static-cling works here, one on t'windscreen and t'other on side window, so I'd say go for the same.

I reckon the poll problem is down to access rights - okay for moderator group but not for general membership.

·
Registered
112 Posts
While I am perfectly happy with the cling type on my front screen, these will not stay on my back window (see another thread). They just drop off after a couple of days and curl up. (Interestingly, I am now having problems getting a rear facing camera to stay on too.)
So, my vote would be for the adhesive type.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Clean the glass carefully, you might need to use a glass polish as well as a glass cleaner.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Any update on the new sticker. My current one is starting to peel off?

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I still have four left and demand has dropped to pretty much zero of late. First come, first served - drop me a PM and I'll send you the details.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Are they the same ones you had last year?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts