Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I have just become a proud owner of an Audi Q3.
I moved up from an S-line A1 sport which was less than 6 months old thanks to a 200 yr old chestnut tree landing on the roof!

Just wanted to know whats the low down on Q3's? Is there anything I need to keep my eye on etc?

Many thanks,

Tim

Pearl Black Q3 S-LINE
2.0 S TRONIC TFSI QUATTRO 211PS
19" Alloy wheels
Comfort pack
Park assist plus

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hi Tim and welcome.
Sorry to hear of the A1s demise.
Good to see another 211 petrol on the forum, bit of a rare breed! I'm still fairly new to Audi let alone the Q3, but more than happy so far. In particular with the performance and fuel consumption. It goes almost as well as my previous BMW 125i and recently did Heathrow and back from near Huntingdon and got just under 37 mpg for the return journey, airport traffic and rush hour M25 included.......and I wasn't driving like the proverbial vicar!
The prominent issues seem to be front end vibration (seems just diesels) and undertrays coming detached. But in general there don't seem to be any really bad problems with the Q3 to date and dealers seem pretty good in general. The forum is a good read with a glass of your favourite tipple, loads of information.
Enjoy the car, I am

·
Super Moderator
6,208 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You'll be pleased to note that the Q3 is pretty good at tree-dodging - as reported elsewhere I was down in the New Forest when the recent storm hit and had plenty of practice avoiding 'em whilst driving home in the aftermath of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.sounds like very minor little characteristics. I have to say even though the A1 was totalled the pick up guy drove it onto the truck and had my family and I been in it we would of all walked out in harmed. Hence sticking to the Audis. Nice to see certain things are still built like they should be.

Any reccomendations for roof rack and mud flaps?

·
Super Moderator
6,208 Posts
That's true. In fact, someone else on the forum is looking at a non-Audi solution involving buying from a supplier in China, but the outcome of that is not yet known.

In all honesty, I wouldn't worry too much about mudflaps if I were you - in my recent experience there is very little crud thrown up or about by the Q3 so the chances are they would be a tad redundant anyway.

Edited by: Gromit

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I agree with Gromit, the're not really worth having on the Q3. The rear window is at such a steep coupe styled angle that it doesn't even get that much spray in the wet.
I've had them on previous cars and always ended up loosing one, always just the one!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have the mud flaps on my SE. They look good and stop quite a bit of dirt going up the side of the car. Only last week I pulled off the road into mud on a country lane. When I got home and went out later there was a small pile of mud on the floor underneath the mud flap!

My wife has the A1 and does not have mud flaps. Behind the rear wheels, the rear bumper is speckled with minor chips due to stones etc thrown up from the wheels. I wish I had fitted them now.

So, only time will tell.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Make you own flaps !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts