Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,After moving over to Audi myself a couple of years ago with an S3, my Dad was looking for another car and has had mercs for the past 7 years but wanted 4 wheel drive so I told him about the Q3, one test drive later and he was sold and ordered in April. Yesterday afternoon & along came his Q3 2.0Tdi S line Quattro and I have to say it looks really nice both inside & out. Love the new Grille and LED's.However, there are a couple of things that are bugging him (one of which I know has had a few posts on this forum - and can't be done in my S3 as it bugs me too) which is the folding mirrors, has anyone found out if they can be set to auto fold? Either in the DIS settings or with VCDS?The other is the windows as they don't seem to auto open/close when you hold the button down on the key? Is this something that is in the DIS menus or can be coded with VCDS?There also doesnt seem to be many settings you can alter in the DIS so have Audi left a lot of things out so you cant play around with them too much as there are quite a few menus in my S3 DIS?I am due to change my car next year so here is hoping to an SQ3 with the Bi-turbo 3.0Diesel!
Cheers,Nick

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hi there!

The mirrors I can't help you with, but the auto open-close of the windows is something in the DIS - I think it was under the CAR menu - I've just set iton mine, so I know it works!

I'll check the DIS when I leave the office later....

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have used the auto open function of the windows couple of times. It just needs to be enabled from the car menu and when you want to lower the windows you just need to press "unlock the doors" button from the car key a very looong time... 5-7 seconds?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the posts guys, I will let my Dad know and hopefully that is one niggling littlething sorted for him I know the mirrors are the biggest issue. I just cant understand why Audi have not done this as standard, I am sure the other cheaper, lower modelVAG cars such as the Leon have this on!

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks very muchDel, this is interesting and wonder if it will work. I am guessing youneed VCDS so will have to find someone in the midlands area.Cheers,Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts