Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, ordered in Jan 17, estimated delivery date 31st March, still waiting, My Audi kept me up to date on the progress but it has now been stuck in transit for 10 days not yet on a ship from Barcelona to the UK, I've checked with the dealer who said that's quite normal. Just wondered if 3 months is the norm for ordering a new Q3.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Yes seems about right in the scheme of things but from experience there can be many things that effect the cars onward transit like availability of boat and then onward into U.K. They can occasionally move very quickly hope your is one! ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Yorky, it must be availability of a boat , I just need to be patient, my fault for not buying one that was in the UK, there are no extras on it, just wanted a monsoon grey colour, standard 1.4 petrol, hope its as reliable as our A3 has been.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I have just ordered a 1.4 Q3 Stronic Monsoon Grey with a few bits on it so I have a long wait! Just think this way you are months ahead of me for virtually the same car????by the way you WILL enjoy! the best recommendation for anything in life is that if you are replacing anything with the same that sure is a very good recommendation?????

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hi RGL1, welcome to the club. Don't forget to put the spec you've ordered into the signature box in the Members Control Panel.
Yorky is spot on when he says there are many variables but that sometimes things move very quickly.
Being positive in my experience the dealers are the last to know and Your Audi is more accurate BUT sometimes gets "stuck" and not updated, mine still says in transit only I took delivery over 6 months ago!
If your car has been in the In Transit bit for 10 days there's a possibility it's already on the high seas.
Why not do what I did, phone Audi UK and tell them you want to have some fun and track the ship your car is on with a Marine Traffic App. The guy I got through to was well up for that and was very helpful. As you're in the south it will come into Sheerness but they usually dock in Emden in Germany first and sometimes that delays things.
Keep reminding yourself it will be well worth the wait

PS! On the In Transit page which of the boxes on the left below the map is greyed out?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hello RGL1, a good forum full of knowledge and quite a bit of bull-sh*t
... yeah update your signature with your Q3's spec and also some pics when it arrives....you will enjoy !!!

What part of the South West ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, thanks for the information, on the transit page, bottom left, only the top option of 3 is high lighted. So in theory not on a boat yet, stuck in a long queue at the dock no doubt !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Gord, yes will update with the spec, Swindon

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ordered mine late Dec, got it mid March - sounds about right to me!
Enjoy :)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
When one is able to track the order process of a car the period after it leaves the factory is the most frustrating.

The vehicle is typically taken by rail to the docks and parked in an enormous compound, in long rows usually known as 'sticks', if the previous car-carrier has left port recently then it's perfectly possible that the vehicle will sit in compound for 2 or maybe even 3 weeks before the next vessel arrives.

It then becomes doubly-annoying because if your car is one of the first to be loaded then it's likely to be one of the last that's unloaded at the destination port (often a two day process in it's own right)

If you fancy a particularly time consuming torture process you can try to figure out which vessel your vehicle is on using the web site Marine Traffic https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:50/centery:-12/zoom:2 which does real-time ship tracking - if you know the port then you can check all of the vessels in dock and then use the vessel database to determine suitable candidates to track....

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Torture springs to mind??

·
Registered
630 Posts
RGL1 said:
Hi Gord, yes will update with the spec, Swindon
I'll be found enjoying(?) the refreshments in Swindon Audi on Wednesday morning while my Q3 has its two-year service.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks John, I rang Audi today who said it had left Port on 7th April, even gave me the ship name ( I didn't ask for it ) should be in the uk now, probably a delay at the port due to Easter, I'm estimating delivery next weekend,. So just over 3 months from initial order which isn't too bad, It is a much more complex process than I thought.

·
Registered
410 Posts
RGL1 said:
Thanks John, I rang Audi today who said it had left Port on 7th April, even gave me the ship name ( I didn't ask for it ) should be in the uk now, probably a delay at the port due to Easter, I'm estimating delivery next weekend,. So just over 3 months from initial order which isn't too bad, It is a much more complex process than I thought.
RGL1, it must be good to know it is definitely on the way and not sat on the quay side in Barcelona, have a day trip down to the Lizard and wave it past
Mine stayed on the same ship (Galicia) for the last leg from Emden to Sheerness.
It was 4 months from order to delivery.

Cheers Andy P

·
Registered
595 Posts
Swindon - where I started my Audi "journey"..
...picked up my bright red Audi 80 (with go faster spoiler) company car from there in 1992 - worked for an American company based in Swindon at the time

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally collect new Q3 tomorrow after ordering it middle of January. The My Audi App was of no help from the time it left the factory ( as was pointed out )

·
Super Moderator
5,639 Posts
Looks like you're in for a fun weekend!

Enjoy your pickup! Pics please.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Looking forward to seeing what the new addition looks like wonder how many none essential miles you will manage,if like me the week end mine arrived I went and visited lots of people even some I didn't really like???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Yorky, yes I've spent the last week driving too much visiting etc, but to be honest spent more time in the car sat on the drive trying to work out The infotainment system ! We are very pleased with the car, from our A3 I like the higher driving position, it is a less hard ride, it's quiet, I like the lights ( hope they don't dazzle on comers ). The handbrake sometimes needs me to touch the foot brake first, still getting used to it.
The car has no Add ons, but from a 2012 A3 the infotainment is such a bonus even though I know other models have more up to date ones.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh dear, I didn't say I had the car built upside down !!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts