Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

New Q3 (2020) Sportback Owner

8K views 49 replies 14 participants last post by  Plextor 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

Really happy to be part of this group. 10 days ago I collected my new (UK audi approved used) Q3 Sportback 35TDi Sline Stronic, in Daytona Gray. It is a January 2020 vehicle. The car does not have front parking sensors (which actually was not very clear from the description as a point was referring to front pre sense etc. which can be misunderstood). It has various other extras though for which I am pretty happy.

The vehicle from outside is really pretty, as well as inside. As I am a new audi owner I have some questions for some things i have noticed which however might be completely normal.

1) The first question I have is why the driver’s side mirror has a metal line (wire) within the glass (which as far as I know is for heating to get rid of fog) while from the other side there isn’t one?

2) Another question is whether the car comes with an owner‘s manual in the normal black plastic case, as I was not able to locate one in the car when i received it.

3) Under the boot where the various tools are located I have noticed the existence of tool placeholders, however some tools are not actually included. I have the version with no spare tyre. For example no jack or wrench are included. Picture included in the post for your reference.

4) Does the car have the functionality with the side mirror adjusting when reverse gear is selected?

5) Any idea how much an original retrofit rear view camera and front parking sensors would cost when installed by audi?

I will share pictures in the coming days as well :)

Any tips or tricks with the car and its functionality (or hidden functions) are always welcome as I am still in the process of understanding how audi things work. :)

Thanking you in advance.
Nicholas

See less See more
#36 ·
The Q3 is one of the quickest heating cars I have come across. From the house to the main road is less than quarter of a mile and by then the AC is blowing out hot air. I also have the seat heaters which are very good but slower to respond. It has very good drive quality for a small SUV and is very predictable. Yours like mine will come with Hankook tyres, the standard supply from Audi. There have been a few bad reports on this site mainly due to sidewall cracking on Hankook tyres. These could be to do with poorly constructed older tyres or the tyres not being looked after correctly. I have no problems with mine but what I do every week is to coat the exposed sidewalls with tyre black. I have done this for over 30 years on all tyre types and I have never had cracked sidewalls.

#43 ·
The test drive was great....the car drove excellent. the engine is super... better than Mercedes GLA and much better than Volvo xc40 in my opinion
Only the suspension of the Mercedes was better...the Audi was relative hard even when it was the comfort suspension.
I'm considering the suspension with dampers upgrade... Is this a good idea?

#42 ·
Now that looks nice.
But we don't have any logo probably another money saving from VW group.
They can use it in any car :D

#44 ·
I am pleased that the test drive went well. What suspension did the test drive Q3 have? If it had sports suspension then the drive select setting would have no effect on the ride. The ultimate choice of suspension is up to you. I went for the sports suspension because I preferred it over the dynamic suspension. There are lots of owners on this site with dynamic suspension and they swear by it. Hopefully they can provide you with feedback.

#45 ·
What suspension did the test drive Q3 have
It was already the comfort suspension... I first drove the Volvo XC40 which is driving like a boat (super soft suspension, too soft for me) then I drove the Mercedes GLA which had a perfect suspension (also comfort) and as last the Audi Q3 which was the hardest of all and super on good paved roads but on cobblestones it was a bit to hard I found.

I only would take the suspension with dampers (not sure this is the correct English naming) is I could set this to softer than the standard 'comfort suspension'

#47 ·
So, you had the dynamic suspension and it was set to comfort. The only other factory fitted option you can have to improve the ride quality is to reduce the wheel size, consequently increasing the tyre sidewall size.

#48 ·
No, I was not very clear I believe :)

I had a Q3 with 19 inch wheels and the standard "comfort" suspension (without dampers) and I found this already a little bit hard.

Now I wonder if I take the "suspension with dampers" upgrade that I can set this suspension softer than the standard comfor suspension....
(sorry if this is hard to read, english is not my mother language)

#49 ·
No matter what you set the drive select option to, with the standard suspension (sport), it will make no difference to the ride quality. With the dynamic suspension, the drive select option changes the ride quality and in comfort it then becomes softer than the standard suspension.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.