Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

Registered
Welcome to the site. I am sure that over the next few days you will have answers to your questions. I have a 2020 model and the biggest problem was setting up the MMI due to the number of options. I would recommend purchasing a second SIM as the Audi data plan is very expensive. I would also recommend using myAudi on your mobile as it gives a remote status of the vehicle. This is FOC.

If you set the wing mirror adjuster on the drivers door to left then when you engage reverse the left mirror will drop. You can adjust this when stationary with the ignition on by setting the adjuster to left, engaging reverse then adjusting the mirror to the desired position.

The Q3 should come with a user manual by default. Mine was in a wallet in the glove compartment. Somewhere on this site there is a link to a pdf of the manual. If you have any problems finding this, I have a copy.

Quite a few owners have had a rear view camera and/or front sensors retro-fitted. This can be done by the dealer (expensive) or an indie using the kit from Kulfatec which is reasonably priced.

What you have in the boot is correct. You can change this to a space saver spare, toolkit and jack but you do need a boot polystyrene insert to retain everything. I had this done on mine for 拢250+VAT.

If you have any further questions then please yell.
Hi do you have / could you share the part numbers please. Been trying to buy these from my local Audi dealer and they won鈥檛 sell them to me 馃檮馃檮馃檮 - quoting WTLP requirements. Tried to explain that they are options on a new car but no joy.

if I have the part numbers might will try to source from different dealers

any help would be much appreciated

thank you

Registered
I just use a standard SIM from sky with a data plan. It costs 拢6 per month with 2GByte of data which, with the unused data, you can monthly role over for 3 years. You can use one from any recognised SIM supplier as you are not using the number, only the data.

Registered
For the spacesaver spare retrofit, Tom Fox at Crewe Audi parts may be able to help - [email protected]

Cheers Spike

Registered
I just use a standard SIM from sky with a data plan. It costs 拢6 per month with 2GByte of data which, with the unused data, you can monthly role over for 3 years. You can use one from any recognised SIM supplier as you are not using the number, only the data.
Thx for the prompt reply - I was looking for the part numbers firv5ge spare wheel and foam insert if you have them please = I鈥檓 fine with the sim set up thx

Apologies for not being clear

Regards

Registered
My dealer supplied me with the polystyrene filler and space saver spare for 拢250. What I can't remember is if this needed to include the jack and tool kit. Also, mine is not a sportback so I can't be sure if the filler is the same as mine.

Registered
Hello, I'm also considering to buy a new 2021 Audi Q3 Tfsi e (Hybrid) and wondering if it's necesarry to buy the option "Hill Descent control" in order to have the option that the brake is hold when you're waiting for a red light? Or is this standard without this option? Thx in advance!

Registered
Hi, welcome to the site. The brake hold function is standard on every Q3. When you come to a stop, on a hill or on the level, if it is enabled then a 'soft' handbrake is applied and will continue to do so until you press the accelerator pedal. The switch for this is behind the handbrake switch and has an led on it. If you enable it then the led turns on but will turn automatically off when brake hold is not in use. On the dash a green 'P' appears to tell you that this function is being used. This feature is enabled permanently either on or off, depending on what you select. This is a great feature as you do not have to put your foot on the brake after you have come to a halt. Hill descent control is an option and allows the car to control itself while going downhill on a dangerous surface. The switch to enable this is to the right of the main switch bank with a red led. This feature only works up to 20mph, above this the led goes off but will come back again as you go back below 20mph. Also by the speedometer there is a symbol which comes on white when the hill descent control is enabled and green when it is being used, the symbol coming on below 20mph. Again, this symbol will go off above 20mph. I live down three steep hills and when it was snowing recently I enabled hill descent control, took my feet off the pedals and let the electronics control my speed by engine and normal braking, all I did was steer. It is a bit unnerving initially but the car was in total control going down the hills at about 9mph. BTW I have Audi standard Hankook tyres fitted. Would I have the option of hill descent control again, definitely yes.

Registered
Thx Spike

ive got some prices from Tom but not the part numbers. - will cost a fortune to post so was hoping I could source from a dealer nearer to me
All the gear I have bought from Tom comes carriage paid, did you check with him ?

Mike

Registered
Hi, welcome to the site. ....
Hi many thanks for your reply... I'm driving a BMW at the moment and this is working exactly as you described.
The Audi salesman told me I needed this Descent Hill feature but I was not convinced ;-)

Registered
Are you looking at a DSG and/or 4 wheel drive Q3?

Registered
The DSG does not really affect economy as unlike the traditional automatic it does not have a torque converter. The DSG learns from your driving technique but you can override it by using the steering wheel paddles to enter manual mode to accelerate quickly then restore automatic mode by pulling the right paddle towards you for a couple of seconds. In my view you have to be a pretty good driver to second guess or beat the DSG. There are a number of drive select modes set to personal preference. These you will have to experiment with. I have settled on 'dynamic' but it took me a few weeks to get the right mode for me. I have never had a FWD Audi due to where I live and the rather hilly surroundings.

Registered
Discussion Starter #34
Hi everyone, hope you are all well. In relation to the new Q3 Sportback I have noticed that the engine plastic cap does not have any badges on it. It is just a plain black cap. Does anyone know if this is standard/common? I have a 35TDi.

Registered
mwcltd, yes I believe DSG will beat me with manual....:)
One thing I regret is that the hybrid Q3 doesn't support pre-heating like mercedes gla or volvo xc40.
But I think it will beat them in drive quality

Registered
The Q3 is one of the quickest heating cars I have come across. From the house to the main road is less than quarter of a mile and by then the AC is blowing out hot air. I also have the seat heaters which are very good but slower to respond. It has very good drive quality for a small SUV and is very predictable. Yours like mine will come with Hankook tyres, the standard supply from Audi. There have been a few bad reports on this site mainly due to sidewall cracking on Hankook tyres. These could be to do with poorly constructed older tyres or the tyres not being looked after correctly. I have no problems with mine but what I do every week is to coat the exposed sidewalls with tyre black. I have done this for over 30 years on all tyre types and I have never had cracked sidewalls.

Registered
Next week 'm gonna test drive one...It's my first choice at the moment and love the Audi design a lot...
Thanks for your detailed and informative replies!! Highly appreciated...

Registered
Good luck with your test drive. If you have any more queries then please yell.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts