Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Really happy to be part of this group. 10 days ago I collected my new (UK audi approved used) Q3 Sportback 35TDi Sline Stronic, in Daytona Gray. It is a January 2020 vehicle. The car does not have front parking sensors (which actually was not very clear from the description as a point was referring to front pre sense etc. which can be misunderstood). It has various other extras though for which I am pretty happy.

The vehicle from outside is really pretty, as well as inside. As I am a new audi owner I have some questions for some things i have noticed which however might be completely normal.

1) The first question I have is why the driver’s side mirror has a metal line (wire) within the glass (which as far as I know is for heating to get rid of fog) while from the other side there isn’t one?

2) Another question is whether the car comes with an owner‘s manual in the normal black plastic case, as I was not able to locate one in the car when i received it.

3) Under the boot where the various tools are located I have noticed the existence of tool placeholders, however some tools are not actually included. I have the version with no spare tyre. For example no jack or wrench are included. Picture included in the post for your reference.

4) Does the car have the functionality with the side mirror adjusting when reverse gear is selected?

5) Any idea how much an original retrofit rear view camera and front parking sensors would cost when installed by audi?

I will share pictures in the coming days as well :)

Any tips or tricks with the car and its functionality (or hidden functions) are always welcome as I am still in the process of understanding how audi things work. :)

Thanking you in advance.
Nicholas

·
Registered
818 Posts
Welcome to the site. I am sure that over the next few days you will have answers to your questions. I have a 2020 model and the biggest problem was setting up the MMI due to the number of options. I would recommend purchasing a second SIM as the Audi data plan is very expensive. I would also recommend using myAudi on your mobile as it gives a remote status of the vehicle. This is FOC.

If you set the wing mirror adjuster on the drivers door to left then when you engage reverse the left mirror will drop. You can adjust this when stationary with the ignition on by setting the adjuster to left, engaging reverse then adjusting the mirror to the desired position.

The Q3 should come with a user manual by default. Mine was in a wallet in the glove compartment. Somewhere on this site there is a link to a pdf of the manual. If you have any problems finding this, I have a copy.

Quite a few owners have had a rear view camera and/or front sensors retro-fitted. This can be done by the dealer (expensive) or an indie using the kit from Kulfatec which is reasonably priced.

What you have in the boot is correct. You can change this to a space saver spare, toolkit and jack but you do need a boot polystyrene insert to retain everything. I had this done on mine for £250+VAT.

If you have any further questions then please yell.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Forgot to mention that both exterior mirrors are heated if you move the adjuster switch to the 'heat' symbol. The 'wire' is not a wire but where the mirror characteristics change to maximise the view angle.

·
Super Moderator
5,965 Posts
Hi, welcome to the club! Sounds like you've got yourself a nice beast.

I won't attempt to answer your questions, better left to current spec Q3 owners (mine's a 2013) but I'm sure other 2020 model owners will, like mwcltd, be glad to oblige.

Reactions: Nicholas Theofilou

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Nicholas, mwcltd has given you some good advice and pointers regarding your questions. Looking at your picture of the boot it "appears" that you have a subwoofer installed in the spare wheel well. This would normally indicate that your car has the Sound and Comfort pack installed which comes with amongst other things active front parking sensors and a rear view camera. I would suggest that you sign in to the "My Audi" app and once you have registered your car details, you will be able to go into the My Details section and find everything that is related to your actual vehicle.

·
Registered
818 Posts
IanQ is correct, it looks like you have a subwoofer in the boot so you must have the comfort and sound pack. This contains:

Bang & Olufsen 3D Sound System
The system features 15 loudspeakers including a subwoofer and centre loudspeaker and a 16-channel amplifier with an output of 680 watts.The 3D sound effect ensures an intense sound experience for all occupants. Exclusive speaker covers with aluminium applications. The sound is permanently adapted to compensate for driving and background noises determined by a microphone

Rear View Camera
An image of the area behind the vehicle is displayed with dynamic display modes highlighting the calculated path (steer-angle dependent). Reversing camera is concealed in the handle strip of the luggage compartment lid.

Heated front seats
Heating for seat, backrest centre panels and side bolsters. Individually adjustable in several stages for driver and front-passenger side via the air-conditioning controls

Audi Parking System Plus
Acoustic and Visual Park Assist system for the front and rear with the MMI display showing a graphical representation of the distance to any obstacle detected outside and within the driving path. This also shows the calculated path (steer-angle dependent), including guidelines. Measurement is via ultrasonic sensors concealed in the bumpers. When combined with Audi Side Assist (standard), also includes cross-traffic assist rear.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
It does seem a tad crass for a premier brand that such things are in an option pack - shame on Audi UK.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Sadly I agree with you but Audi is not unique. The majority of the car manufacturers at all levels make nice profits on option packs. It will not change as if you vote with your feet it's like jumping from the frying pan in to the fire.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the site. I am sure that over the next few days you will have answers to your questions. I have a 2020 model and the biggest problem was setting up the MMI due to the number of options. I would recommend purchasing a second SIM as the Audi data plan is very expensive. I would also recommend using myAudi on your mobile as it gives a remote status of the vehicle. This is FOC.

If you set the wing mirror adjuster on the drivers door to left then when you engage reverse the left mirror will drop. You can adjust this when stationary with the ignition on by setting the adjuster to left, engaging reverse then adjusting the mirror to the desired position.

The Q3 should come with a user manual by default. Mine was in a wallet in the glove compartment. Somewhere on this site there is a link to a pdf of the manual. If you have any problems finding this, I have a copy.

Quite a few owners have had a rear view camera and/or front sensors retro-fitted. This can be done by the dealer (expensive) or an indie using the kit from Kulfatec which is reasonably priced.

What you have in the boot is correct. You can change this to a space saver spare, toolkit and jack but you do need a boot polystyrene insert to retain everything. I had this done on mine for £250+VAT.

If you have any further questions then please yell.
@mwcltd thank you very much for your feedback and really helpful insights! Really appreciate it.

Regarding the owner’s manual i have downloaded a copy of the pdf thank you. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Nicholas, mwcltd has given you some good advice and pointers regarding your questions. Looking at your picture of the boot it "appears" that you have a subwoofer installed in the spare wheel well. This would normally indicate that your car has the Sound and Comfort pack installed which comes with amongst other things active front parking sensors and a rear view camera. I would suggest that you sign in to the "My Audi" app and once you have registered your car details, you will be able to go into the My Details section and find everything that is related to your actual vehicle.
Hi @IanQ thanks for the feedback. Indeed the car has a subwoofer. The extra name is ”Audi Sound system” however no S+F pack is mentioned. I think there were some mix and match extras only..no camera or front sensors are mentioned in the extras.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I don’t mind things being individual extras. Given free reign, would there be any loss compared to buyers not having the kits because they only want one or two out of the five elements?

I remember speccing my ‘88 Golf Gti with alloy wheels instead of std tin ones.
There was a long list of tick boxes and you just went though what you wanted.
My wife’s ‘03 Mini was the same....to the point we should have bought a Cooper S instead of a high spec Cooper.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Indeed such functionalities such as the parking sensors should be standard nowadays. The car has heated seats, Hill side descent assist, auto hold function when stopping on traffic lights and Audi Sound system (not B&O), but no Parking System Plus. Also the relevant control button for the parking assist is not available. Also, something that really bothered me is that even the rear parking sensors are functional only through sound warnings and not visual as when I put the reverse, nothing appears on the screen to show the proximity.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Have you the rear view camera? as we have ordered a SLine with the comfort pack and it’s got everything that mwcltd quoted further up this thread? as your saying about only sound warning and not visual I guess not, we drove an exact car that we have ordered on a test drive and the sensors front and rear showed visual as well as sound, the sales guy told us that only happens when you have the rear view camera and our sound system is definitely the Bang Olufsen 3D sound system.

Could it be a Cyprus speck? car we bought a brand new car from Motor Point many years ago and that had come in from Cyprus, it was a Vauxhall Sporthatch SRI it came in as an Opel equivalent but the speck was slightly different to the UK.
They also changed the Opel badges to the Vauxhall ones, personally I would have preferred the Opel ones but hey ho.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@Mr c hi! Thank for the feedback. The car was bought from UK and imported to Cyprus so all specs are UK specs. Seems that it does not have the Comfort pack but instead some of those extras..it even has the comfort access advance key but no front sensors :rolleyes: I will try at the local Audi here to check the cost for installing the front parking sensors and maybe a camera..I would expect though a cost of more than EUR1.000.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just found the car specs and just noticed that there is a Virtual Cockpit Plus option fitted as well..didn’t know that there was an upgrade for a slight size difference on the virtual cockpit size and functionality..

·
Registered
818 Posts
I am a bit curious about your Q3 specification. Are the front door speakers labelled with 'Bang and Olufsen'? In the UK you can only order the sound pack with the comfort pack. As regards the retrofit of the rear camera and front sensors look at the Kufatec and vagtec websites to get an idea of price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Indeed you are right, I tried through the Audi UK website to build the car. I could not find Audi Sound system option as well as the heated front seats. Also was not able to find the Virtual Cockpit plus...maybe helpful to mention that the car bought was an ex-demo used by Audi? Any chance it has extras or combination of extras that are not exactly available to choose as a customer?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Indeed you are right, I tried through the Audi UK website to build the car. I could not find Audi Sound system option as well as the heated front seats. Also was not able to find the Virtual Cockpit plus...maybe helpful to mention that the car bought was an ex-demo used by Audi? Any chance it has extras or combination of extras that are not exactly available to choose as a customer?
Forgot to mention...i have checked the speakers on the doors and there is no B&O badge.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lots of Audi options seem to have been removed recently (just as I get towards buying :rolleyes:). Audi Sound System has gone over the whole range as has the lumbar support option in all except Vorsprung. I would think this would be correct as a mild upgrade on spec for the model year.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have spoken to my dealer in Wakefield regarding ex-demo vehicles. They are allowed to order anything they want as an ex-demo even if it is not part of a pack or available individually. From your list it looks like you have some features missing which would be part of the Comfort and Sound pack. Some items are relatively easy to retrofit, front sensors or Rear View Camera and some are more difficult to fit, heated seats or B&O Sound System. As the car was bought as an ex-demo the dealer should have made it clear what was/wasn't included.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts