Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I ordered a q3 on 27/01/2017 and received order number with build commencement date of 20/03/2017.......I have received email from audi stating the colour assigned to this order number is white when I have ordered monsoon grey also commencement date is now 01/05/2017....rang my salesperson who assured me colour is grey and should be in showroom by april....today got another update from audi uk by email stating colour is white and commencement date is 15/05/2017...can anyone offer any help please

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'd check the order number with them, I'd been tracking the wrong car for a month after ordering. Turns out they were able to secure an earlier build slot for me and the order they originally placed for me was going to be used for a demonstrator.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply... it's without doubt the correct order number.. but can't understand how hQ in U.K. States a simple thing like correct color from my own salesman... has certainly put me right off ordering a factory build ever again

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hi SamBailie and welcome to the club.
Sorry to hear your getting this confusing/worrying info. For what it's worth my advice would be to register on "your audi" using the order number that Audi UK have confirmed. There you should find all the details of your car. If anything doesn't tally phone Audi UK direct.
There is a possibility that this is a hangover from a pre-ordering system that Audi dealers use. Audi UK feeds preliminary orders to Audi based on sales forecasts from their dealers. Those orders are then modified prior to build date to match actual customer's orders. Balance of probabilities is that "your" car started out as White on the prelim-order. Have a look at the order date on "your audi", it'll probably be weeks before your actual order date. "your audi" sometimes lags a bit but it is nearly always more accurate than your dealer!

Good luck, let us know what you find.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'd second that - the order number I was emailed was exactly like as Andy mentioned above. The one the dealer was tracking was completely different (I was in a similar situation as the dealer was telling me build week seven but youraudi was saying late March)
Then using the order number the dealer had it was all as expected, much to my relief as some of the spec was wrong like you had with yours.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much for your imput.... your Audi is stating week 20 commence build date whilst dealer is stating week 12 build ... I have emailed Audi.uk with revelant information.. so waiting on them getting back to me

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Don't really need all this do you similar happened to me IF I order a new Audi as I am due to do in the very near future there are certain conditions I will require first from Audi. Not going through my previous order fiasco! good luck keep at them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome Sambailie, they had 17" wheels on my black edition all the way through my order, the black edition only comes with 19" as standard, so I would make them aware but your colour Daytona Grey, that is the best in my humble opinion lol, not biased or anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just been informed that my order number was wrong and have been given new number but every time I try to enter it into youraudi the old order information appears .. how do I get new order number up to replace old

·
Registered
163 Posts
You should be able to select the correct one from the menu on youraudi (you'll have two cars attached to your login).
I had the same thing, after a while the other one disappeared!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From date of build commencement how long then does it take for new build car to complete the various stages

·
Registered
410 Posts
SamBailie said:
From date of build commencement how long then does it take for new build car to complete the various stages
Roughly 2~4 weeks, but there are lots of variables.
Mine was 3 weeks: -
Panel Shop - 12th September 2016 (Start Week 37)
On ship - 18th September 2016
Arrived at dealership - 28th September 2016
Handover - 1st October 2016 (End Week 39)
BUT this is the lead up to that: -
Ordered - 28th May 2016 (End Week 21) for delivery 1st September 2016 (Mid Week 35) - 14 weeks.
Audi UK email - 6th June 2016 - Advised Build date now 19th September 2016 (Start Week 38)!!!
SO the actual order to delivery time was 18 weeks.

PS! "Your Audi" still says In Transit

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you so much Andy really appreciated... ... I have been informed by Audi email that 20/03/17 is start of build and salesman always stated I would have it by April..!no date... car was ordered in wk 4... so much as expected ??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts