Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
121 - 140 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I thought the side assist was standard, bit annoying it’s only Vorsprung or part of driver assistance pack now. Kind of used to it now on my Edition 1🤔
Very annoying. We have it on our current Q3 which Audi are exchanging due to faults I mentioned in an earlier thread. Was a useful feature.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Audi have confirmed that mine has gone into production today as planned, I was nervous the continued delays would push it back - but thankfully not - no idea how long it now takes to work its way down the line though..

Reactions: JonD99

·
Registered
MY22 RSQ3 Sportback Vorsprung - Primer Grey - Red Stitching - Red Brake Calipers
32 Posts
Audi have confirmed that mine has gone into production today as planned, I was nervous the continued delays would push it back - but thankfully not - no idea how long it now takes to work its way down the line though..
Did they update you or did you have to chase them for an update?

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
It will leave the Gyor factory within the week, travel by rail to Emden in northern Germany and await a car carrier to bring it to the UK. If you wish to torture yourself you can monitor the Marine Traffic web site to track the route of the carriers - imports to the south of the UK come via Felixstowe.

Reactions: JHOWELLS

·
Registered
63 Posts
It will leave the Gyor factory within the week, travel by rail to Emden in northern Germany and await a car carrier to bring it to the UK. If you wish to torture yourself you can monitor the Marine Traffic web site to track the route of the carriers - imports to the south of the UK come via Felixstowe.
Hope its reasonable quick, my trade in value keeps creeping on up, I am hoping that continues up unitl I am ready to change over..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Did they update you or did you have to chase them for an update?
I asked Audi UK via Twitter, they replied within an hour, I found that is the best way to keep up to date now the old days of the tracker have long gone...

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
To add on one or two things that John said. The train does not leave Gyor until it is full and the boat does not leave Emden until it is full. It first stops at the North of England (Immingham) then sails to the South (Felixstowe). The car transporter does not leave the docks until it is full. This means that from leaving the factory it can take 2 to 3 weeks to get to the dealer who then has to schedule the PDI then inform the lucky owner.

·
Registered
Q3 45tfsi black edition. Turbo blue. c+s. Space saver wheel. Extended lighting pack. 19" trapezoid w
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Things have progressed !!!
Car should be at the dealers today. Have booked an appointment on September 2nd for pick up 😁😁😁😁😁
I know you all want to see pictures, but you will have to wait.
Car booked in on the 6th to be ceramic coated (I have had a previous car done, and they get a far better finish than I ever could, and I can spend 3-4 days tarting a car up).
Time to say farewell to diesel.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Things have progressed !!!
Car should be at the dealers today. Have booked an appointment on September 2nd for pick up 😁😁😁😁😁
I know you all want to see pictures, but you will have to wait.
Car booked in on the 6th to be ceramic coated (I have had a previous car done, and they get a far better finish than I ever could, and I can spend 3-4 days tarting a car up).
Time to say farewell to diesel.
Exciting - what do you have on order?

How long from build week to this latest update?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Car booked in on the 6th to be ceramic coated
Bet you can’t wait Mark. Out of interest how much is the ceramic coating? I’m considering having mine done

·
Registered
Q3 45tfsi black edition. Turbo blue. c+s. Space saver wheel. Extended lighting pack. 19" trapezoid w
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Exciting - what do you have on order?

How long from build week to this latest update?
approx 5 weeks from build week.
45 tfsi black edition. Turbo blue.
Bet you can’t wait Mark. Out of interest how much is the ceramic coating? I’m considering having mine done
Approx £800 for the best 10 year protection.
I love polishing cars (used to prep second-hand cars for sale at a garage in my youth), but I can't get anywhere near to a good quality ceramic.
What it costs for a new car, I don't mind spending a little bit more.

·
Registered
63 Posts

I love polishing cars (used to prep second-hand cars for sale at a garage in my youth), but I can't get anywhere near to a good quality ceramic.
[/QUOT

Bet you cant wait... any confirmation if your build kep the Audi phone box and supplied with the two keys?

·
Registered
242 Posts

A good price

Same for me in my youth. I can get close to a ceramic finish but wouldn’t like to do the full coating myself. I do get a good finish using Auto Brite products though

Reactions: Mark F

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Bet you cant wait... any confirmation if your build kep the Audi phone box and supplied with the two keys?
no idea about phone box, never used one.
dealer didn't mention the keys, will find out next week.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good news Friday - my car has left the factory and is on route - wireless charging and all lol - confirmed it was built just before audi started removing this feature - though probably will come with only one remote key with the other delivered as soon as available - no issue for me - getting very excited now!!!

Reactions: Dann and DavidS

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took delivery of my Q3 35TFSI Black edition yesterday. I had the comfort and sound and driving assistance package on there too

I dont know why I thought I'd also get the park assist feature with the driving assistance pack but thats only on Vorsprung unfortunately

It's been an absolute joy to drive and im in absolute love

Unfortunately no wireless charing pad. Theres no 360 camera but it does have a reversing camera. I got 2 keys with the car

The sonos sound system is stunning and I am in love with the speakers

It's so worth the wait!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Good news Friday - my car has left the factory and is on route - wireless charging and all lol - confirmed it was built just before audi started removing this feature - though probably will come with only one remote key with the other delivered as soon as available - no issue for me - getting very excited now!!!
Was it Audi CS gave you the update or the dealer?
Mines due in build next week so be interested to see how yours is progressing to delivery 😀

·
Registered
2021 RSQ3 Sportback Sport Edition, Daytona Grey, C&S pack, red calipers.
53 Posts
I took delivery of my Q3 35TFSI Black edition yesterday. I had the comfort and sound and driving assistance package on there too

I dont know why I thought I'd also get the park assist feature with the driving assistance pack but thats only on Vorsprung unfortunately

It's been an absolute joy to drive and im in absolute love

Unfortunately no wireless charing pad. Theres no 360 camera but it does have a reversing camera. I got 2 keys with the car

The sonos sound system is stunning and I am in love with the speakers

It's so worth the wait!
Glad you’re enjoying the new Q3.

I have the SONOS in my RSQ3 and it’s awesome and a nice change to the B&O systems in my last 3 Audi’s, although they were very good too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Was it Audi CS gave you the update or the dealer?
Mines due in build next week so be interested to see how yours is progressing to delivery 😀
Well I messaged Audi UK via Twitter this morning - and then my dealer sent me a message with the good news anyway, Audi UK tweeted me back an hour or so after - I find them very responsive via Twitter and to be fair to my dealer he seems to have updated me as soon as he had any news without me having to chase - a pleasant suprise.

Was told 2-4 weeks from now to dealer... which I am sure will drag lol

I'll be sure to post once there is any update so you get an idea for yourself.

Reactions: Beanjunior

·
Registered
63 Posts
Glad you’re enjoying the new Q3.

I have the SONOS in my RSQ3 and it’s awesome and a nice change to the B&O systems in my last 3 Audi’s, although they were very good too.
Sonos is good then? I had b&o in my S3 which was great, and have the Mereidan system in my Range Rover, and though it cant handle the bass anywhere near as well the "surround sound" effect is much better, you can hear instruments coming individual parts of the car, its quite impressive in that regard..

121 - 140 of 166 Posts