Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered a Q3 1.5L Petrol Automatic and initially they said 21 weeks - build week - 34 basically end of August and delivery in October. Last week, I chased them up and my build week moved from week 34 to week 21 - which is beginning of June, so I will be getting my car in July instead. I would recommend that you chase up the dealers, as I think the chip shortage is clearing up.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
The latest I have heard is that there is a global chip shortage as there are not enough foundries. Major chip manufacturers like Samsung, Hynix, Micron and Intel are building more but this takes time. While chip demand is high and getting higher daily all chip users will be rationed.

·
Super Moderator
2,898 Posts
It's more likely that the combination of options ordered (or lack of) has resulted in a lead-time change. Audi will only commit to an assembly date when every component order in the call-off schedule can be fulfilled.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just had to reject our Q3 Black Edition 35TFSI which we picked up the end of March 21 but due to numerous faults reporting on the dashboard and no fix in sight for months according to the dealer. We have ordering a replacement car. Was told probably October or later. Hope it’s better than the one we had!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Just make sure it isn't a Lada :)

Reactions: Roboq3

·
Super Moderator
6,171 Posts
...or any working lights at all.

You wouldn't have to worry about a security system for it though - just leave it with all four doors open - and the engine running... :giggle:

Reactions: DavidS

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Engine running? How? 😂

·
Super Moderator
6,171 Posts
They had a kickstart system - you turned the key and if/when it didn't start you got out and kicked it until it did start. ;)

Reactions: DavidS and Roboq3

·
Registered
14 Posts
I do think some manufacturers have made the electrics on cars much more complex which can be a problem when something goes wrong. The 12yr old Toyota it replaced was bullet proof. Nothing fancy going on there!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
How do you double the value of a Lada............................Fill it with petrol.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts