Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
Q3 45tfsi black edition. Turbo blue. c+s. Space saver wheel. Extended lighting pack. 19" trapezoid w
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a phone call from my dealer this afternoon about my 45tsi Black. No news on build week, car was ordered start of April. The dealership had several Q3's on order without the comfort and sound pack (csp), with build weeks, and they decided to upgrade some of them with csp. Hey presto, build weeks disappeared !!
Dealer has no idea why, guessing it might have something to do with b+o.
They have several other customers in the same position as myself.
No, I don't want a Q3 without csp, and as I'm fussy about colour and options fitted, it looks like I could be in for a little wait !!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
There could be numerous reasons why there is a delay. There is still a world wide chip shortage which could delay the build process. Demand could be very high so scheduling is pushed out. The Audi manufacturing system uses a just in time philosophy and they will not start a new build until all the components are in stock. I agree with what you say, you want a particular spec and you should have what you want. There is no magic solution, I am sorry but the only option is to wait. The good news is that I have a 45TFSI with all the goodies and it is definitely worth waiting for :).

·
Super Moderator
3,311 Posts
Right now there are several possibilities:

1) As Mwcltd has indicated - chip shortages
2) If Audi do the normal cycle of product refreshes, 3 years into production then the F3 Q3 must be due a facelift, probably for the 2022 model year - which historically has been around week 21 - not far away....bet it looks closer to a Q4!
3) Audi are adding Sonos as an audio systems technology provider, maybe Q3 will get it too: Audi’s sound philosophy is bringing acoustic harmony into the car

·
Registered
305 Posts
You will have to cool your jets, as mentioned the automotive industry is reaping the results of the misunderstanding the chip delivery process and timings, it's way out of step. Alongside are many other customers, for example my wife has had a GOLF 8 R on order from the beginning of Feb and as yet no build week due to the chip shortage. Hope you hear soon.

Mike

·
Registered
42 Posts
Same here - ordered 23/3 and nothing so far. Have tweeted Audi to see if they can update anything but will certainly be a 2022 spec now. Hopefully they don't change too much but wasn't in a rush for car so Sept onwards is ok for me.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Just spoken to a friend of mine who took delivery of his new Ford Focus yesterday. If he wanted the exact spec he would have to wait 4 months due to the chip shortage. As it was, the dealer offered him a two trim level up car for the same price as the original. Seems all manufacturers have this problem, however it does give the purchaser the upper hand as they do want to shift stock.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Selfishly, I'm hoping the FL F3 next year brings the current prices down a little. Sorry ladies/gents ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just ordered my 35 tfsi Black Edition. Got a build week of 26 and delivery of 30th September hopefully. I was told, as quoted above, shortage of sim cards is likely to push that date back

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Out of interest, what is the spec?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Out of interest, what is the spec?
Mines a 1.5 cod stronic , learnt from gromit et al, Daytona Grey comfort and sound pack Black Edition

Reactions: Gromit

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Excellent, good choice.

Reactions: Q3 Dave

·
Registered
241 Posts
Excellent, good choice.
Thanks very happy with the spec and the look. Now for the long Audi build wait! Ah the memories I forgot how frustrating this bit was lol

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Yes, but the wait is worth it.

·
Registered
Q3 45tfsi black edition. Turbo blue. c+s. Space saver wheel. Extended lighting pack. 19" trapezoid w
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had a phone call today from my salesman. This week is build week 21, and I have got a build week of 28. Not long now 😊😊

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
You will be counting down the weeks/days/hours/minutes but it will so be worth it.

Reactions: Mark F

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "Mark F, publicación: 83065, miembro: 11631"]
Recibí una llamada telefónica de mi distribuidor esta tarde sobre mi 45tsi Black. No hay noticias sobre la semana de construcción, el coche se ordenó a principios de abril. El concesionario tenía varios Q3 en pedido sin el paquete de confort y sonido (csp), con semanas de construcción, y decidieron actualizar algunos de ellos con csp. ¡¡Oye, listo, las semanas de construcción desaparecieron !!
El distribuidor no tiene idea de por qué, adivinando que podría tener algo que ver con b + o.
Tienen varios otros clientes en la misma posición que yo.
No, no quiero un Q3 sin csp, y como soy quisquilloso con el color y las opciones instaladas, ¡parece que podría esperar un poco!
[/CITA]

·
Super Moderator
6,310 Posts
Translation:

"I got a phone call from my dealer this afternoon about my 45tsi Black. There is no news on the construction week, the car was ordered in early April. The dealer had several Q3s on order without the Comfort and Sound Package (csp), weeks in the making, and they decided to upgrade some of them with csp. Hey there, the construction weeks are gone !!
The dealer has no idea why, guessing it might have something to do with b + o.
They have several other clients in the same position as me.
No, I don't want a Q3 without csp, and since I'm picky about color and installed options, it looks like it could wait a bit!"

(Courtesy of Google Translate)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
It all comes down to bits and allocating a production slot. This happened to me many years ago with my RS6+. I was resigned to wait 6 months then suddenly my dealer called to say that it would be with them in 2 weeks. I totally agree with you, wait for the car you want.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had a phone call from my dealer this afternoon about my 45tsi Black. No news on build week, car was ordered start of April. The dealership had several Q3's on order without the comfort and sound pack (csp), with build weeks, and they decided to upgrade some of them with csp. Hey presto, build weeks disappeared !!
Dealer has no idea why, guessing it might have something to do with b+o.
They have several other customers in the same position as myself.
No, I don't want a Q3 without csp, and as I'm fussy about colour and options fitted, it looks like I could be in for a little wait !!
I ordered my Q3 in January and still waiting.. Audi @ Glasgow are ridiculous at replying to mail & returning calls

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Ordering in January you should have had a build date by at the latest, the end of February. I would contact the dealer and use the word cancel. You will find they will move heaven and earth to stop you from cancelling.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts