Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just a newbie to site and wanted to ask if anyone knows if you can track your new car order? Tried the old links and have order number but can’t find out anything!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi welcome to the club

As far as I know Audi don’t do the order tracker anymore. Most seem to get order information by tweeting Audi customer services with their order number

At the moment I expect they will just say no confirmed build date

Reactions: Ro co

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am going back and forth between my dealership and Audi Customer Services with this at the moment. In order to get tracking from Audi Customer Services you need your SLI number rather than just order number. Now I have the SLI number Audi CS are currently replying with something along the lines of "apologies our tracking system is down please contact your selling centre for further info."

Ordered an RS Q3 on 2nd September, was given a confirmed build week of week 41 (11th October). However, since then, according to my dealership it is still at "status 20" and "commission status 3" which apparently means it's in build and has been since the week of the 11th.

I've heard that Audi are building the cars and then stacking them until the semiconductors come in so I would assume this is why Audi are saying the tracking system is down.

Sadly, the inability to track takes away a bit of the fun of ordering a car from factory but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait, and hopefully, surprise of it suddenly appearing on our shores at some point!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you
Hi welcome to the club

As far as I know Audi don’t do the order tracker anymore. Most seem to get order information by tweeting Audi customer services with their order number

[/QUOT
Hi welcome to the club

I am going back and forth between my dealership and Audi Customer Services with this at the moment. In order to get tracking from Audi Customer Services you need your SLI number rather than just order number. Now I have the SLI number Audi CS are currently replying with something along the lines of "apologies our tracking system is down please contact your selling centre for further info."

Ordered an RS Q3 on 2nd September, was given a confirmed build week of week 41 (11th October). However, since then, according to my dealership it is still at "status 20" and "commission status 3" which apparently means it's in build and has been since the week of the 11th.

I've heard that Audi are building the cars and then stacking them until the semiconductors come in so I would assume this is why Audi are saying the tracking system is down.

Sadly, the inability to track takes away a bit of the fun of ordering a car from factory but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait, and hopefully, surprise of it suddenly appearing on our shores at some point!
Thank you for the info. Don’t like ringing the dealers too much but you know yourself you like to hear it’s progressing a bit 🤣

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
....................I've heard that Audi are building the cars and then stacking them until the semiconductors come in so I would assume this is why Audi are saying the tracking system is down.
There is no way that an automotive manufacturer would start the assembly process unless all the assemblies and components are available to start the build for the following reasons:

1) When Audi schedule a build - then the commit for production means all the OEM suppliers (see below) have to have confirmed availability of all components. Your RSQ3 will be built to your exact specifications - even the vehicle wiring looms will be made to your specific requirements by an OEM.

2) The vehicles are built up from major sub-assemblies that are manufactured off-site by OEM suppliers (i.e. the entire dash, instruments, heater, glove box etc) will be a single unit so if any component, however small, is missing the OEM won't build and the request from the Audi assembly plant will be unconfirmed.

3) The build process is accurately scheduled so that the major sub-assemblies arrive line-side as they are required to be fitted - 'line-sequencing' this is a precise process and timed to the minute.

4) Payment for the OEM supplier becomes due/starts the clock counting from the point of receipt at the assembly plant.

Reactions: peeta

·
Registered
23 Posts
There is no way that an automotive manufacturer would start the assembly process unless all the assemblies and components are available to start the build for the following reasons:

1) When Audi schedule a build - then the commit for production means all the OEM suppliers (see below) have to have confirmed availability of all components. Your RSQ3 will be built to your exact specifications - even the vehicle wiring looms will be made to your specific requirements by an OEM.

2) The vehicles are built up from major sub-assemblies that are manufactured off-site by OEM suppliers (i.e. the entire dash, instruments, heater, glove box etc) will be a single unit so if any component, however small, is missing the OEM won't build and the request from the Audi assembly plant will be unconfirmed.

3) The build process is accurately scheduled so that the major sub-assemblies arrive line-side as they are required to be fitted - 'line-sequencing' this is a precise process and timed to the minute.

4) Payment for the OEM supplier becomes due/starts the clock counting from the point of receipt at the assembly plant.
Thanks, John. Only sharing what I was told by my dealership last week and I had read similar on another forum. With the above, it is either an excuse made up by Audi for lack of tracking/delays in production or very strange measures for very strange times.

As I understood it once a build week is confirmed (i.e. moves from provisional), all the components are due to be ready and waiting for production at that date. With a confirmed build week of 11th October how could it still be in production?

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
As you say we are in strange times.

Yes, when the build week is confirmed it means the OEM suppliers have accepted the call-off orders - capable-to-promise- in mfg terms. There is a possibility that your car was built and failed a QA check, maybe something was out-of-limits and is sat in rectification awaiting remediation (happened to me with a 2013 SQ5) - might be something innocuous like software. Mercifully for us Audi don't ship products that aren't absolutely top-notch.

There does seem to be some kind of 'disconnect' between the Audi manufacturing systems (on SAP) and the availability of information made available to the wholly owned importer organisation.

·
Super Moderator
6,659 Posts
I do have some sympathy* with Audi over this - what with serious multiple component shortages, transport delays and so forth it must be impossible to accurately predict any delivery times as the situation could be changing on an almost daily basis and any attempt to predict dates would inevitably lead to wrong information. Better not to provide it at all than to mislead.

*Not much, just a little.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi John
My car was built without the semi conductor and I had to wait 4 weeks after the car initially was built and stored somewhere.. now I’m just waiting for it to leave port lol

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
Very funny chappers!

·
Registered
Audi Q3 2022, S-Line, Mythos Black, (C&S pack), Advanced Ambient lighting.
21 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I was recently (on 15th March'2022) told by my dealer that my Audi Q3 order status was changed to 38 (which I believe means- that it is released and waiting at the port of Exit- Emden, Germany)
How long it takes for the cars to reach UK (estimate including all the paper work/formalities). Any one has any idea please?

Thanks,
S

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine arrived in the UK last week after sitting in Emden for 6 weeks. I think that's the maximum you're likely to have to wait before it's loaded. Cars built after mine arrived in half that time according to the dealership so seems to be a bit of luck involved.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine arrived in the UK last week after sitting in Emden for 6 weeks. I think that's the maximum you're likely to have to wait before it's loaded. Cars built after mine arrived in half that time according to the dealership so seems to be a bit of luck involved.
Thanks @third7 - Hopefully it should be soon. I am tracking all the vessels from Emden to UK and since 15th March around 7-9 vessels made the trip to UK from Emden.
Fingers crossed!! Can't wait to see my Q3.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Usually Grimsby or Sheerness . Just received a mail from Audi saying they have spat mine out and it is on the way to the docks. Fingers crossed for no shipping disasters for the new few weeks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Usually Grimsby or Sheerness . Just received a mail from Audi saying they have spat mine out and it is on the way to the docks. Fingers crossed for no shipping disasters for the new few weeks.
How you are contacting Audi directly?
Mine is sitting at the dock (Emden) and it’s been 2 weeks.
Tried contacting Audi customer care but no luck, they asked me to contact my dealer.

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
When your car is sat at Emden for a couple of weeks it means its waiting for a car carrier to arrive....you can torture yourself by using the Marine Traffic web site to monitor the car carriers leaving the port and heading to the UK...

·
Registered
21 Posts
When your car is sat at Emden for a couple of weeks it means its waiting for a car carrier to arrive....you can torture yourself by using the Marine Traffic web site to monitor the car carriers leaving the port and heading to the UK...
Hahaha- Trust me, I am doing exactly that- tracking shipping vessels from Emden to UK for the past 2weeks in the hope that my car is in one of the carrier. 😆
Such a useless thing but can’t help.

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
it passes the time, my 1st 2013 SQ5 was at Emden for over 3 weeks...

Reactions: Audi(oooo)Audi
1 - 20 of 79 Posts