Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
You have invested a lot of energy and time to acquire the car of your choice, now is the time to enjoy the fruits of your labours. As mentioned previously in the forum, by (RSJohn perhaps) the beast can be quite 'overpowering' as I have discovered, the rapid response took me a wee while to come to terms with. Now every trip is pure enjoyment and fuel stops !

Mike

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’d massively recommend Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz for your paint.....it’s incredible stuff!!! 👍🏻👍🏻

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well its absolutely stunning 😁

·
Super Moderator
5,778 Posts
Wow! Stunning doesn't begin to cover it. That's one beautiful hunk of machinery you've got there. If it drives as good as it looks you've got a real find!

Enjoy your trip home.

Reactions: -Ju-

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
What a lovely piece of kit. Even in the rain it will have been a lovely drive home. Seeing the pictures of the forecourt and the bridge reminds be of being there 30 years ago.

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I left home at 4.45 yesterday afternoon and walked in the door exactly 24hrs after.
It took 2 years to find but boy was it worth it!.
The drive back was pretty grim with all the rain but even that seemed brighter with the view of the green bonnet and green reflections in the door mirrors!
Slightly disappointed to find it waiting outside in the rain for me this morning but as they explained its a small dealership and they can't do handovers inside with all this covid stuff. Still would have rather had a chance to give it the once over while dry but hey ho.
For all the spec it has, it's missing the auto hold. I did the adaptive cruise retrofit on the SQ5 so I should be able to cope with retrofitting it!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Oh good stuff saw your post on the other forum regarding an SQ5 comparison - the RS is more 'focussed' for sure - 'hooligan' sums it up perfectly. I did buy a handbrake/hill hold switch for my 1st RSQ3, I'll see if it's still in the garage tomorrow.

I while back I came across the attached technical brief - actually for the TT RS, the engine is the same creature - it is a fascinating read in that the engine design is derived from something intended for top end motorsport, They are all hand assembled in Gyor, Hungary. You will have noted that it feels 'special' when you get your toe down and the PDF throws a little light on the 'why' question.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Ju - I have that switch still in it's box - PM me here or the other place and I'll post it to you.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts