Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2015 S3 sportback which I do love however my partners disability means at some point I may have to change to a more practical, but not less fun car!
I've had 2 x A3 3.2's and 3 S3's in the last 12 years and so it seems a logical step to me to try an RS Q3.
So I'll say hi for now and hopefully will be a Q3 owner at some point, but not till I've asked many questions lol

Cheers

Julian

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Welcome to the board...

Yup and RSQ3 is a chance to experience RS ownership for real, an epic Audi and very rare - a little over 900 have ever been registered in the UK.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes a rare sight on the UK roads.
Do you have a PFL or FL as I think my budget will be a little stretched on a FL tbh

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I have an FL, the real world driving experience is similar whether it's 310/340/or 367 PS. Be mindful that running an RS Q3 isn't a low cost exercise, average fuel economy is 27mpg, it loves tyres at 15-18,000 miles for the fronts. New spark plugs every 20,000 miles and £200 a set (only made by Beru). Fitting EBC Red stuff pads reduces the wear (and dust) on the very expensive brake discs.

Upsides are the pleasure of running a stupidly quick, rare Audi, one of it's best kept secrets, even the insurance costs are reasonable.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I currently have a 2015 S3 sportback which I do love however my partners disability means at some point I may have to change to a more practical, but not less fun car!
I've had 2 x A3 3.2's and 3 S3's in the last 12 years and so it seems a logical step to me to try an RS Q3.
So I'll say hi for now and hopefully will be a Q3 owner at some point, but not till I've asked many questions lol

Cheers

Julian
I swapped my 2014 S3 for my F/L RSQ3 2 years ago and have loved every minute of it. Not a minute has passed that I regret making that decision. So happy to answer any questions you may have. Having said that, I've not been using it much since I've retired and just agreed terms to sell it to my local Audi dealer. Car goes Tuesday unless I get any better offers before then.

https://www.q3ownersclub.co.uk/forum/19-sale/5069-sale-2015-rsq3-facelift.html

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I swapped my 2014 S3 for my F/L RSQ3 2 years ago and have loved every minute of it. Not a minute has passed that I regret making that decision. So happy to answer any questions you may have. Having said that, I've not been using it much since I've retired and just agreed terms to sell it to my local Audi dealer. Car goes Tuesday unless I get any better offers before then.

https://www.q3ownersclub.co.uk/forum/19-sale/5069-sale-2015-rsq3-facelift.html
Looks a nice car, something you've obviously looked after and enjoyed for the last couple of years.
I'm not sure if red would be my favourite colour choice though if I'm honest and maybe a little strong price wise
I have an FL, the real world driving experience is similar whether it's 310/340/or 367 PS. Be mindful that running an RS Q3 isn't a low cost exercise, average fuel economy is 27mpg, it loves tyres at 15-18,000 miles for the fronts. New spark plugs every 20,000 miles and £200 a set (only made by Beru). Fitting EBC Red stuff pads reduces the wear (and dust) on the very expensive brake discs.

Upsides are the pleasure of running a stupidly quick, rare Audi, one of it's best kept secrets, even the insurance costs are reasonable.
Some very useful information, thankyou
I average 25mog in the S3 and tyres last a similar time. I know the brakes are an expensive service item but they look so nice through the wheels so you can excuse that.
My mileage has dropped significantly now as my partner is at home which would negate much of the servicing and running costs .
Panroof is a must as is HD nav and Bose

·
Registered
738 Posts
Looks a nice car, something you've obviously looked after and enjoyed for the last couple of years.
I'm not sure if red would be my favourite colour choice though if I'm honest and maybe a little strong price wise
Fair enough, just thought I'd ask, as happy to negotiate on price if you were interested, but then if you are not a Misano Red fan :tango_face_surprise then as you say not exactly what you are looking for - although spec wise though it does have your other "must haves" of pano roof, BOSE and HD Sat Nav (and of course with the pano roof interior LED lighting comes as standard). Probably too late anyway, as even if you were interested we'd need to have done the deal by Monday evening as otherwise it goes Tuesday morning.

Anyway that aside - just looked at the figures on my dash and over 27,300 miles from new it's averaged 28.7mpg, this being a mixture of mainly town and country lane with some motorway - which given the power of the beast is pretty reasonable I think and pretty well in-line with what RSQ3John has experienced. Probably the biggest annoyance is insurance, I agree with John that they are reasonable to insure - in fact much better than the S3/RS3, however I find I have had to swap between Direct Line and RAC almost each year as they seem to have differing views as to the market they want to target. But with shopping around you can still get a good price with a respectable insurance company.

As a big cruiser though - have to say it beats the S3 hands down. That 2.5L engine is just wonderful, and the RSQ3 so comfortable given the size of the wheels and sports suspension. Biggest downside is perhaps only the single exhaust at the rear, but hey I can live with that, as the driving experience is out of this world.

Good luck with your search, do drive a few (irrelevant of colour) before deciding if you can to get a feel for the car, definitely worthwhile.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fair enough, just thought I'd ask, as happy to negotiate on price if you were interested, but then if you are not a Misano Red fan :tango_face_surprise then as you say not exactly what you are looking for - although spec wise though it does have your other "must haves" of pano roof, BOSE and HD Sat Nav (and of course with the pano roof interior LED lighting comes as standard). Probably too late anyway, as even if you were interested we'd need to have done the deal by Monday evening as otherwise it goes Tuesday morning.

Anyway that aside - just looked at the figures on my dash and over 27,300 miles from new it's averaged 28.7mpg, this being a mixture of mainly town and country lane with some motorway - which given the power of the beast is pretty reasonable I think and pretty well in-line with what RSQ3John has experienced. Probably the biggest annoyance is insurance, I agree with John that they are reasonable to insure - in fact much better than the S3/RS3, however I find I have had to swap between Direct Line and RAC almost each year as they seem to have differing views as to the market they want to target. But with shopping around you can still get a good price with a respectable insurance company.

As a big cruiser though - have to say it beats the S3 hands down. That 2.5L engine is just wonderful, and the RSQ3 so comfortable given the size of the wheels and sports suspension. Biggest downside is perhaps only the single exhaust at the rear, but hey I can live with that, as the driving experience is out of this world.

Good luck with your search, do drive a few (irrelevant of colour) before deciding if you can to get a feel for the car, definitely worthwhile.
If you were a little closer and with more time to spare then yes most certainly I would be interested as I'm not against red at all, I've just only ever had 1 car in red and that was a brilliant red S3.
You must have had an offer you couldn't refuse to let it go so quick to the dealer!
Insurance wise the RS Q3 is about £300 more a year for me but I do get a discount of around £200 on the S3 as it has ACC, Strangely a GLA45 AMG is the same as I pay on the S3 so £300 less than the RS Q3!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
The insurance thing is weird....I got quotes today for the latest RS4 2.9 all 444bhp of it - was the same or cheaper than the RSQ3.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The insurance thing is weird....I got quotes today for the latest RS4 2.9 all 444bhp of it - was the same or cheaper than the RSQ3.
Tell me about it, 51 years old, way past maximum ncb and with no points and it's a struggle to get quotes on the S3 under £1k just because of a Bradford postcode.
The car is always garages at night and it costs more on the insurance!
An RS4 would be an epic car though:tango_face_grin:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Tell me about it, 51 years old, way past maximum ncb and with no points and it's a struggle to get quotes on the S3 under £1k just because of a Bradford postcode.
The car is always garages at night and it costs more on the insurance!
An RS4 would be an epic car though:tango_face_grin:
How’s the hunt for an RSQ3 going?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still on the lookout pal.
Plenty of the 310 models but the 340's do go quicker from the dealers.
There were 25 RSQ3's on the approved website last week, now there are only 14 and most of them are 310's
I'm quite picky with the options as I know it's worth waiting for the right car.

·
Registered
123 Posts
What sort of prices are facelifts going for?

I’ve been offered £22.6k trade in for mine against a TT but think I might do better selling privately

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's a difficult market selling a £20k + car privately imo.
It will help if it's a good spec but most people would want the security of a dealer warranty

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK guys so after almost 2 years since I started this thread and 21 months in an SQ5 following on from my S3, I've finally found my perfect RSQ3!
Hopefully I'm collecting it on Saturday after a train journey down from Bradford and hotel stop over on friday night.
I'll be collecting a 2016 almost fully loaded 340bhp model in exclusive Java Green. Hooedully it looks as nice in the flesh as in the photos and definitely a truly unique car.
Its going to be a long week!

·
Super Moderator
5,767 Posts
Hoo boy! Sounds like it was worth the search and the wait. Post us some pics when you can, OK? I've a feeling there'll be a few members here who'll be salivating at the very thought...

Reactions: -Ju-
1 - 20 of 48 Posts