Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one that really detests the new forum layout? I access mainly on my phone and really miss the main screen with the links to unread posts so I could have a quick scoot round. Have found myself looking around a lot less since the change. Shame really :tango_face_crying:

·
Registered
340 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,594 Posts
Mick: the old forum needed a login before it could accurately show you new posts, 'cos if you didn't it wouldn't know which posts you'd already seen. Maybe your browser simply remembered your login details and logged you in automatically - this new forum will as well if you tell it to.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I view the forum on a PC and I intensely dislike this new set-up.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I view the forum on a PC and I intensely dislike this new set-up.
I couldn't agree more Alex. I feel like I've been mugged and robbed of something that was very important to me. I was a 50/50 user of Classic view on PC and Mobile on my phone and never had any problems with either.

Can admin PLEASE just dump this dogs dinner of a format and re-instate the original, much loved Q3 Forum.

I understand "natural resistance to change" but this goes way beyond that. It is over complicated and lacks a natural interaction and flow. A retrograde step taken with absolutely no discussion that I'm aware of!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mick: the old forum needed a login before it could accurately show you new posts, 'cos if you didn't it wouldn't know which posts you'd already seen. Maybe your browser simply remembered your login details and logged you in automatically - this new forum will as well if you tell it to.
Can only assume the latter, as many a time I would go to the forum page and look at the latest posts in a section below all the other forum posts. A function of cookies, maybe, but never logged in. Predominately Chrome browser on Win 10 pc and also Safari on iPad. A total pain to login just to catch up with the latest posts. Really has taken the edge off a useful/helpful forum

·
Registered
630 Posts
Try clearing the cookies for the board from your browser then log in again. It's keeping me logged in (using Firefox) so there's no intrinsic problem.
The threads with new posts are now visible on the RHS of the screen so there's no need to go into the individual sub-forums to see them. I think this is an improvement.

·
Registered
598 Posts
It keeps me logged in on Safari on my iPad but won’t keep New Posts in bookmarks so I still have to go through three clicks rather than none.
And an advert gets in the way at the bottom......or is that the reason for the change?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Must admit I am confused by the layout and will probably not be on as much as I am one who cann't be bothered to search for things.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I must admit, I was a bit sceptical at first, but now I'm getting used to the idea of change, I think it is OK.

I set my bookmarks to
"http://www.q3ownersclub.co.uk/forum/search.php?do=getnew" (without the quotes)
which seems to work for me. You just need to go to Tools>Quick Links>Mark Forums Read from time to time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Jeff. Kind of works, but I really liked the count showing the number of additions on each thread by subsection. Not feeling the love for the new site yet, but will keep trying

Probably doesn’t help that I do most of my browsing on the phone while in boring Conferance calls, or at night while ignoring senior management

·
Super Moderator
5,594 Posts
Trebor: it's already there. At the page top, click Tools, Quick links, Mark forums read.

Sorted. :tango_face_wink:

·
Administrator
81 Posts
you should be able to see today's posts without being logged in now but I would recommend that you guys stay logged in. I don't really see a reason why not.

Lee

·
Super Moderator
5,594 Posts
Good idea, Lee - go for it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Trebor: it's already there. At the page top, click Tools, Quick links, Mark forums read.

Sorted. :tango_face_wink:
Yes, I know it's there, thanks, but it would be nice to have it as a button on the page of new posts, it is annoying to have to make 3 clicks when one would do.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts